Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MASTERCAM X7 COMPARE TOLERANCE SETTINGS

oneyankfan1

As far as I'm concerned it is broken or I'm not doing something correct. Please see the following pics. The first pic displays the .xml file regarding the compare/color tolerances. The 2nd pic displays the settings only worked for ONE tolerance setting (.0015" tolerance/green). I sent this to QC and they responded saying they didn't see the issue. Grrr!!!!! I sent them another email describing the issue in further detail and I haven't heard from them yet.

MastercamSimulator_default_xml.jpg

MastercamSimulator_compare.jpg

Has anyone found a way to set X7 compare tolerances in the "MastercamSimulstorDefault.xml" to make them the same as (or close) the default in values in X6 stl compare?

It would be nice if one of the CNC guys would chime in on this one. I Know that defaults can be seet thru the XML file but I don't totally understand the start and end values scheme. Not quite the way the old verify is. If i have some time I will dig into this a little deeper. I'm a little covered up right now. I agree with Peon it doesn't seem to work right.

Is there anyway I could get a copy of your XML for some reason mine isn't sticking. I figured there was an issue with the way they had the tolerancing set up with the amount of digits but I wasn't sure. I have changed mine but for some reason it doesn't stick.

Thanks Peon greatly appreciated! I tried it and it still didn't stick. all your other settings which were similar to mine worked just fine though. Must be another file that is being read such as an ".ini" file. To busy now to look into but thank you very much!

AAHHAA!! Figured it out. If you have already programmed a part with the OLD XML settings these are staying with the part. Must be stored in the MCX file. If you create a new file with the new settinings they WILL stick! So make sure you have your XML file set the way you want before diving into to many programs.

Just wanted to let you know I greatly appreciated you working with me on this. It makes a world of difference being able to verify without having to adjust so many settings. I wish they would change the way Verify handles the settings. Maybe they should be a front end for the XML file so you can change the settings before you even fire up the Verify.

I'm almost certain CNC will add a config page just for the verify settings. I assume they wanted to launch X7 and that option just didn't make the cut. I was hoping X7 would have been delayed a little longer since I really didn't think it was ready for primetime. Although, the regen speed of the stock model makes the X7 upgrade well suited for my purposes and has saved me a lot of time.

That is correct CamMan, you must start a new part for it to work.

Well it won't stick for me unless I am starting a file with just wireframe geometry. The minute I pull in a model whether it is STL or Parasolid or IGES the numbers change as if they are scaling to the size of the part. The .001 tolerance will stick but the rest don't.

Yep, Ken mentioned in his webinar on Monday that they're going to be working on the interface (under "options") so you won't have to edit the XML, but there just wasn't the bandwidth to get it done & tested in time for X7.

Glad you got it all sorted out!

After all the noise about X6 problems it seems CNC didn't learn from its mistakes and the maintenance $$$ thirst is still around... the problems with the new verify are simply ridiculous... if you guys can't integrate someone's else technology properly or this technology is not mature enough, then you should show more respect for the customers and hone it well before you release it... if Mastercam was a car I wonder how many casualities we would have by now...

It's a good time to review what you call "quality" software and the efforts of your beta testers. I'm sure people are catching these problems, but your bandwidth is not processing them. And your bandwidth problems are solely yours...

JM2C

• Like 2

Here is a workaround while we wait for this to be fixed.

http://download.cnet...cb98308176f6dcc

^^^Link to download needed software (typertask)

When typertask opens, you should see this...(see stlmod.png)

paste the text in the attached txt file (stlmod.txt) at the bottom so your typertask file looks like the pic.

Now when you get the the stl compare screen, double click in the very first "start" field (circled in orange in stlmod2.png)

hold control and alt while you press the "S" key.

the fields should all populate with usable numbers.

Hope this helps!

p.s. if you don't add typertask to your startup folder, you will have to manually open it upon restarting your computer. typertask is accessable near the clock at the bottom right of your screen on your windows taskbar.

you want me to download an .exe to look at an image file?

No Sir, the pics are for your reference.

Typertask is the exe you need to download. It allows you to create custom keystroke combinations (i.e. filling in the tolerance settings by typing .01 tab tab tab .005 tab tab tab....) that are accessable by whatever "hotkey" combination you choose.

I have been using it for a couple/few years now....

when it asks you for "installation type" of express or custom, choose custom and uncheck the garbage it wants to install.

• 4 weeks later...