Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dell M4500 Laptop Specs

#Rekd™

My last three notebooks have been HP Mobile Workstations. My current machine is a HP 8570W. 32gb ram, Nvidia Quadro K1000M video card (2gb Video memory).

I'm more than happy with the performance. I run it through the HP Advanced docking station, with two 24" monitors.

M6800 w/ 32GB RAM

i7-4930MX @ 3GHz

NVidia K5100M @ 8GB

256Gb SSD Boot Drive

1TB Data Drive

Couldn't be happier.

It's not cheap, but then again time is money and when I'm working on a project, I don't have the time to f**k around with inferior hardware.

only $5700 on outlet sight now

Precision M6700

• Processor: Intel Core 3rd Generation i7-3940XM Processor (Extreme 3.0GHz, 8M cache)
  • Windows 7 Professional
  • 512GB 2.5 inch (SATA3) Mobility Solid State Drive
  • 16.0GB, DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM, 4 DIMMS
  • 17.3 Inch UltraSharp FHD (1920x1080) Wide View Anti-Glare, Premium Panel Guarantee
  • 2x Blu-Ray Burner
  • NVIDIA Quadro K5000M with 4GB GDDR5
  • NVIDIA Quadro K5000M with 4GB GDDR5
  • Dell Outlet Precision Mobile Workstation M6700 Laptop

there are a couple around $2k with quadro cards and one with a k2000 for $1300 I would grab if in the market.

remember ram is cheap to upgrade and a solid state is a must but not too much $$ or hard to put in

Doug

M6800 w/ 32GB RAM

i7-4930MX @ 3GHz

NVidia K5100M @ 8GB

256Gb SSD Boot Drive

1TB Data Drive

Couldn't be happier.

It's not cheap, but then again time is money and when I'm working on a project, I don't have the time to f**k around with inferior hardware.

I'm rockin' an M6800 myself and it'll blow through any project I put on it, even with two extra monitors to run.

I'm rockin' an M6800 myself and it'll blow through any project I put on it, even with two extra monitors to run.

I'll run two external monitors AND my laptop display... no glitches whatsoever. It's cool. My wife scowls at me it when I do that at home. :yes: :smoke:

• 1 month later...

I took James advice! :unworthy:  A little on the heavy side but very nice! :guitar:

Dell M6800

17.3 inch UltraSharp FHD(1920x1080) Wide View Anti-Glare LED-backlit with Premium Panel Guarantee

Intel Core i7-4910MQ(Quad Core 2.90GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo, 8MB 47W, w/HD Graphics 4600)

NVIDIA Quadro K4100M w/4GB GDDR5

32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L

256GB Solid State Drive Full Mini Card

1TB 2.5inch SATA (5,400 Rpm) Hard Drive

Win 7 Pro.