Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programing with 60 or 90 degree head

wojtek90

we have old CNC machine with with manually turning head and Funuc controller and processor for it.. I would like to be able to program it with Mastercam with head turned first 90 degree and later switch it to 60 degree. 

My question is how it can be done with Mastercam. Can you guys help me with example of couple holes and slot and face.

20200616_160130.jpg

20200616_160126.jpg

Planes is your answer. Just need to establish a good Pick up point to control your Zero from. I suggest using a Tooling ball. A custom post would be the easiest solution, but it can be done with a standard Fanuc post, just have to map your pick up for the work offsets out. Once you do then you should be good to go.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

This may help you.

This is a more recent tutorial.

Thank you very much. That is what I am looking for. I find it yesterday on You Tube after learning that I need using angle head.

Thaks evrybody for direction.

On 6/18/2020 at 7:53 PM, wojtek90 said:

Thank you very much. That is what I am looking for. I find it yesterday on You Tube after learning that I need using angle head.

Thaks evrybody for direction.

if it was me i would quote this out and have a post developer handle the setup of that RAH. Inhouses post team (https://www.emastercam.com/post-request/) and postabilitys post team (https://postability.com/) are both experienced in configuring mastercam posts to support Right angled heads. If you figure out how to set it up on your own that is great but I can only assume they can be a bit tricky to get properly setup so many of our customers have went through inhouse or postability and they do great work so i recommend either of the companies that i linked above if you decide to quote out this service to have done by a professional mastercam post company 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1