Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2020 Feedrate Override Issue

nperry

Anyone seen this one yet?

I never typically program an override for a finish pass, but I've seen them posting out above 100% lately when they're programmed at 100%.

If I go in and change the feedrate to something other than 100%, then back to 100%, regen, it'll post at what is programmed. This is in helix bore....haven't noticed it anywhere else at this point.

FEEDRATEOVERRIDE1.png

FEEDRATEPOST.png

12 minutes ago, nperry said:

Anyone seen this one yet?

I never typically program an override for a finish pass, but I've seen them posting out above 100% lately when they're programmed at 100%.

If I go in and change the feedrate to something other than 100%, then back to 100%, regen, it'll post at what is programmed. This is in helix bore....haven't noticed it anywhere else at this point.

FEEDRATEOVERRIDE1.png

FEEDRATEPOST.png

When I make my feedrate on the final helix bore pass less than a hundred percent,

it will come out as 7.5 ipm instead of 420.0 ipm.

If you put it at 100%, does it post out the correct value?

24 minutes ago, byte me said:

When I make my feedrate on the final helix bore pass less than a hundred percent,

it will come out as 7.5 ipm instead of 420.0 ipm.

If you put it at 100%, does it post out the correct value?

It'll post out the correct feedrate if I change it to something other than what I want, regen, change back to what I want, regen, post. It looks to me like if I create the cutter path and leave that override untouched it's posting out something above 100% until I make some sort of change to it and regen.

16 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

That bug exists in several other places in MC, too. In lathe if I change the tool number it creates quite a mess. I literally have to go in and create a whole new tool in order for the tool to post right. Many times I have to totally recreate ops in mill in order for it to take a change.

this setting is on in a default install

Make sure it is unchecked

lock feedrates.jpg

Just now, gcode said:

this setting is on in a default install

Make sure it is unchecked

lock feedrates.jpg

Yeah, that's not the issue. I never have that "feature" checked. That "feature" reminds me of another "feature" they had years ago called "use default post". Boy was that a FKUP. They tool that out soon after.

10 minutes ago, pro grammer said:

Yeah, that's not the issue. I never have that "feature" checked. That "feature" reminds me of another "feature" they had years ago called "use default post". Boy was that a FKUP. They tool that out soon after.

I would like to see this feature on each individual toolpath.

It is useless as a global switch IMO 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gcode said:

I would like to see this feature on each individual toolpath.

It is useless as a global switch IMO 

I use it globally, i'd rather have both.

I am curious as to the settings...

I just drew four 1" circles, circle milled them with a .500 endmill x .25 deep...

2 rough passes at 55 IPM

1 finish pass at 25 IPM

On all switches it made the correct change and changed back....

22 minutes ago, JParis said:

I am curious as to the settings...

I just drew four 1" circles, circle milled them with a .500 endmill x .25 deep...

2 rough passes at 55 IPM

1 finish pass at 25 IPM

On all switches it made the correct change and changed back....

I'll double check again in the morning

17 hours ago, Leon82 said:

I'll double check again in the morning

Please do, and post files (or even better, send them into [email protected]).   We're currently looking at a reported issue (R-13837) where the feedrate isn't being updated unless you view the Rough/Finish page after changing tool parameters, but I don't have any records of something like this reported for disabled values, and, like JParis, I cannot replicate it.

Also, - spoiler alert - because fixing that will cause other the opposite problem where it updates the feedrate when you didn't want to, look for something like this in the next release:

image.png.1f1c402c547c3e79002b3044ac2099d7.png

So it'll act like Thread Mill, where you can lock a setting to keep it from being updated by changing the tool properties...

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software said:

Please do, and post files (or even better, send them into [email protected]).   We're currently looking at a reported issue (R-13837) where the feedrate isn't being updated unless you view the Rough/Finish page after changing tool parameters, but I don't have any records of something like this reported for disabled values, and, like JParis, I cannot replicate it.

Also, - spoiler alert - because fixing that will cause other the opposite problem where it updates the feedrate when you didn't want to, look for something like this in the next release:

image.png.1f1c402c547c3e79002b3044ac2099d7.png

So it'll act like Thread Mill, where you can lock a setting to keep it from being updated by changing the tool properties...

I wish we could have that lock button on all the tool pages as I don't use the lock feed rate button.

I'll post a file later when I can get internet.

So if you only override the finish feed rate you get the bug. But as soon as I overrode the semi-finished feed rate also then it posted correctly with both feeds

I have roughing and entry off at the moment I think that maybe what it's doing. This is on circlemill

Also depth cuts are on.

The first depth is ok. All others stay at the finish override feed

Well, I have never seen it do that before but you're file clearly shows it ain't updating...

I have messed with all kinds of setting and nope, nada...if you haven't sent that into QC, you should definitely do so...

I tried it in 2021

10 minutes ago, JParis said:

Well, I have never seen it do that before but you're file clearly shows it ain't updating...

I have messed with all kinds of setting and nope, nada...if you haven't sent that into QC, you should definitely do so...

I tried it in 2021

Ok I will forward it to the address Arron posted.