Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Just asking

The Chipmaker

NO NO NO Demand your money back. Now what I have seen is delivered machines that are not correct and take up to a year after they are delivered to get correct. I worked with one company that I found issues 5 years after the machines were delivered and they were making parts. Once I found the issue by running the code on the machine that I was told would never run the way I told them it would then everyone stopped and listened. It was a difficult situation and did cost me the customer standing my ground, but they did get a better machine. The CAV software overall improved because i refused to let it go, but unless you have done that specific thing I did on the machine no one is aware of the problem with the control for these machines. I was programming with a rotated TOP WCS I needed to spin the parts on the table to keep them in the correct position due to the size of the part. Everyone else was cheating using C axis toolpaths in Mastercam. I told everyone that is not needed just make copies of the TOP WCS and rotate them and done. The CAV wouldn't support it and everyone told me to make it like everyone else was programming these types of machines. I refused because I could see the problems coming from doing it. I had a good relationship with one of the operators and he was willing to run a sample program during a part swap out. We then showed everyone that yes the machine would support it and the CAV was wrong. Then the powers to be asked for it to be fixed. Then and only then was it fixed, but it upset a lot f people and the new Parent Company of CNC software also was the ones that signed off on the process so this one decision to make it correct has put a big old target on my back, but that is fine I have been carrying a target on my back for a long time.

My only experience is with CGTech  ( Vericut) and a week or 2 at the most is all I've ever had to wait for a new Vericut machine

In some cases CGtech has delivered the next day.

There is one more possibility,

If the invoice has not been paid they will not give you a permanent license.

However

In my experience with CGTech, they have always  made the initial delivery, including temp codes

well before the 30 day invoice was due. Then, once the invoice is paid, a permanent license is issued.

• Like 1