Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

a new post to go with my new seat of Mastercam 6.0?

specv

LOL that was funny!! cheers.gif

who needs v9? just has more buttons, bells, and whistles! LOL

he claims buy this v6 then you can buy upgrade at a fraction of the cost... yeah, sure buddy! rolleyes.gif

but somebody bidded $1,500. a small company without lots of money to throw around could machine parts with v6, of course.

i never used v6. could someone inform me as to what "buttons, bells, and whistles" v9 has that v6 did not?

i would guess mastercam v6 blows away most cam programs' updated versions. wink.gif

Well no longer there so, no problem. bonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gif

Yeah you only get to lease the software you do not own it. Any transations to sell the software must go through CNc software and they are not known to allow this unless you pay full price for the software so just better of to by the seat and get it over with any way.

That's right Ron. You have a license to "Use" not "Own" the software. But that's not unique to Mastercam. All software is licensed that way. It's part of every license agreement you've ever clicked "OK" on. Many customers are surprised when you explain it to them. If someone does buy a used package and then goes to re-license it, it does costs as much as buying a new package. Depending how much the guy paid for the used package, it may cost a lot more.

Mike Mattera