Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reverse fillet on solid

Hertz

Good morning, I'm trying to add a fillet in the bottom of this hole, and when I select constant fillet and the size, it works, except it goes reverse. The fillet goes down on the sides instead of up. Is there a way to reverse the direction of the fillet?

Capture.JPG

• Huh? 1
1 hour ago, Hertz said:

Good morning, I'm trying to add a fillet in the bottom of this hole, and when I select constant fillet and the size, it works, except it goes reverse. The fillet goes down on the sides instead of up. Is there a way to reverse the direction of the fillet?

Capture.JPG

are you selecting the bottom edge or the face of the hole?

18 minutes ago, neurosis said:

That "hole" look a lot like a c-bore. 

What exactly are you trying to do?

yes it is a c/bore. At the bottom of it, I'm trying to add a 1/4 radius.

16 minutes ago, Thad said:

Can you show a screen shot of the bad fillet?

Reverse fillet.JPG

12 minutes ago, gcode said:

are you selecting the bottom edge or the face of the hole?

Doesn't matter what I select, it puts the fillet reversed.

It's not a through hole. I had no problem drawing the radius once converted to surfaces, but from the solid mode, it does it backwards. Might be how I drew the model? The hole was originally a through hole, but I extruded the make a c/bore. I'll upload a file shortly.

1 minute ago, neurosis said:

I'm guessing that you may have 2 solids there.

This was it. I feel like an idiot.

I re drew the part and extruded a cut into the square with the proper depth and it worked.

What I did originally was the square and the hole so it cut a hole right through, then I just extruded from the back. That's exactly what it did was create 2 models. Had I looked in my toolpath manager, I would have seen it. Thanks fellas.