Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath on Control compensation isn't good vs Computer compensation

francesko

Hello,

WHen i'm selecting Control compensation for a specific operation, the toolpath that's created is no good. 
I wan't to make  a bigger radius inside of a hole using a T Shaped tool. 

Here is the shape of the part i'm making. image.png.2d00967f61ddcfed62e62f578a66af81.png

And the tool path created with Control compensation :image.png.b5cb61a22ef7abc0784f849ac6fb63f4.pngimage.png.1ae2e05cb685e19e8eb98f24559d1cbf.png

The parameters i use :

image.png.caa3be3b92b9c202e54ca2641cd38aed.png

When i'm choosing computer compensation, the tool path is okay. 

image.png.c09d9a0faace12e9fed2d0f6354510eb.png

Does any one know what causes this problem ? i want to make it work with control compensation so i can edit the tool wear on my machine.

Thank you,

Francesko

With "Control" compensation the control on the machine offsets the amount for the tool diameter or radius, so the code coming out will be calculated at the actual dimension you are trying to cut.  Use "Wear" and you can adjust the wear values on your machine to get the correct size.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, JoshC said:

control comp will require a lead in move that is at least 50% of the tool size. which is a CNC controller requirement not just a mastercam requirement. As others suggested , wear is your friend here

Being UK we used Control 100% for finishing paths. By the time I read about wear, we had a load of new progs and Bus.Partner wasn't happy about changing as he never saw the benefit :rolleyes:

But the lead-in-out I set to 55% default. I'm sure initially, it was 50% but on a part (or two) we got the fanuc comp alarm. 55% cured it and we never had a problem again.

• Like 1
On 3/25/2023 at 4:44 AM, Newbeeee™ said:

Being UK we used Control 100% for finishing paths. By the time I read about wear, we had a load of new progs and Bus.Partner wasn't happy about changing as he never saw the benefit :rolleyes:

But the lead-in-out I set to 55% default. I'm sure initially, it was 50% but on a part (or two) we got the fanuc comp alarm. 55% cured it and we never had a problem again.

Same here. I haven't run in to a situation where I couldn't make control work in almost 28yrs. Maybe I'm just lucky🤷‍♂️.

By default my lead in/out are set to 55%. I have had times where I've had to be between 50 and 51%, but that's very rare.

• Like 1