Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Group 2024 UP3

crazy^millman

Anyone see anything wrong with this machine simulation? Lets release 40 new things and not address the core functionality of the software. I have to submit this to a customer and then explain to them well ignore that and just trust the code and setup sheets I have given you. Dooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

image.png.410f17223379f9436892c978f589438e.png

It does show up correct when simulated so I guess there is that.

image.thumb.png.f1e6ee1c2352fc9a06303ef0a0317186.png

• Thanks 1

I think the developers at the ivory tower spend more time listening to people teaching newbs

Mastercam and much less time listening to the folks who make a living using Mastercam.

I can see how having it it all tied together would streamline the teaching environment,

but in my case it's just one more thing that I have to develop work arounds  for.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, gcode said:

I think the developers at the ivory tower spend more time listening to people teaching newbs

Mastercam and much less time listening to the folks who make a living using Mastercam.

I can see how having it it all tied together would streamline the teaching environment,

but in my case it's just one more thing that I have to develop work arounds  for.

I had typed out a response similar and just deleted it. Past the point of frustration with all of this.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gcode said:

I've always been a big mastercam fan and love new features and think they do have a really great team up there, just about everyone at mastercam that i have met in person or worked with on anything are really great people. But it was frustrating to me the last couple years when all my customers complaints as well as mine fell on deaf ears on the new stock setup. theres so many reasons the old stock setup was better, im just tired of reporting it and it falling on deaf ears, never once has anyone that used an older version of mastercam with the older stock setup told me they like the new one better, ive only ever got complaints and in my honest opinion there is not one single feature of the new stock setup that i like better than the old, all of it is just extra work for no added benefit, makes the software harder to use, and have of that stuff isnt properly linked up anyways liek the mach sim stuff. it sucks being a huge mastercam fan and to use the software more than most and to continuously get ignored, makes it tough to even beta test but i still do anyways

• Like 4