Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam - Never launches

dp25

I am also having an issue with Mastercam where it never starts at all, when I attempt to open it, it does nothing. 

I checked event viewer and found this: 

Faulting application name: Mastercam.exe, version: 26.0.7341.0, time stamp: 0x645da48c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3527, time stamp: 0x83efbeab
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000000000006543c
Faulting process id: 0x0x6C6C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAA7D2759B8F4C
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\mcam\Mastercam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c5348f50-e072-44e2-9e17-88b1ce8beeec
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any suggestions? 

I've reinstalled the application multiple times, repaired C++ redistributable, ran sfc /scannow, nothing seems to work.

On 5/16/2024 at 3:47 PM, Leon82 said:

I would go into task manager and kill everything related to mastercam. I had to do with the camplete the license thing got hung up and a restart wasn't fixing it 

Tried that as well, no luck.

Have you tried deleting your Workspace file

"C:\Users\***  your username here *** \Documents\My Mastercam 2024\Mastercam\CONFIG\Mastercam.Workspace"

If Mastercam can't find it, it will write a new default file  when you lauch

also

are you using One Drive.. If you are, don't ... or at least turn Sync off while you are working and let it sync at night

6 hours ago, gcode said:

Have you tried deleting your Workspace file

"C:\Users\***  your username here *** \Documents\My Mastercam 2024\Mastercam\CONFIG\Mastercam.Workspace"

If Mastercam can't find it, it will write a new default file  when you lauch

also

are you using One Drive.. If you are, don't ... or at least turn Sync off while you are working and let it sync at night

I have tried to look for this directory and I can't find it anywhere on my PC.

Also regarding one-drive it is disabled.

3 minutes ago, dp25 said:

I have tried to look for this directory and I can't find it anywhere on my PC.

Also regarding one-drive it is disabled.

Check under the users public folder there's a few spots that could be it's been a while since I mess with it

1 minute ago, Leon82 said:

Check under the users public folder there's a few spots that could be it's been a while since I mess with it

I am able to find C:\Users\**username**\Documents\MasterCam-2024\mastercam\ folder but I am unable to see anything regarding a config folder.

Only .mst files and a installer.

1 hour ago, dp25 said:

I am able to find C:\Users\**username**\Documents\MasterCam-2024\mastercam\ folder but I am unable to see anything regarding a config folder.

you are looking for a file named    Mastercam.Workspace 

It sometimes becomes corrupt.... delete it ... the next time you launch, Mastercam will see that it is missing and create a new default file

15 minutes ago, gcode said:

you are looking for a file named    Mastercam.Workspace 

It sometimes becomes corrupt.... delete it ... the next time you launch, Mastercam will see that it is missing and create a new default file

I actually can't find that file at all. I also mentioned in earlier messages that I am unable to find the file path provided.

18 hours ago, dp25 said:

I actually can't find that file at all. I also mentioned in earlier messages that I am unable to find the file path provided.

I believe the Mastercam.Workspace file is created when you first run Mastercam.  If Mastercam has never successfully started the file might not exist yet.  I think you should have a CONFIG folder though.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Ben Wood said:

I believe the Mastercam.Workspace file is created when you first run Mastercam.  If Mastercam has never successfully started the file might not exist yet.  I think you should have a CONFIG folder though.  

Thanks for the reply Ben, but I am also not seeing any CONFIG folder in my mcam directory.

4 hours ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

Commonly would be found under C:/ users / you / documents / my mastercam year / mastercam / config / 

I've also seen it in Public.

Yeah, I have uninstalled Mastercam 2024 and reinstalled it, only location I am seeing any Mastercam files are C:\program files\ under the name of "mcam"

You should be seeing a " My Mastercam" folder here

"C:\Users\Public\Documents\Shared Mastercam 2024"

and here

"C:\Users\*** your username here ***\Documents\My Mastercam 2024" 

If you are not, something really squirrely is going on with your install

Are you trying to install in a non standard location??

Do you have full admin rights to the machine??

1 hour ago, gcode said:

You should be seeing a " My Mastercam" folder here

"C:\Users\Public\Documents\Shared Mastercam 2024"

and here

"C:\Users\*** your username here ***\Documents\My Mastercam 2024" 

If you are not, something really squirrely is going on with your install

Are you trying to install in a non standard location??

Do you have full admin rights to the machine??

To answer your questions, I am not configuring anything with the install and I do have full admin rights on my machine. I believe there may be controlled folder access on the C:\Users\Public\Documents\ and C:\Users\**username**\documents folders which I CANT change unfortunately. 

Any possible workarounds for this?

Thanks

right click the exe install file and chose "Run as Administrator" ???

that's all I've got.. your only other option is to get whoever has this machine locked that tight to unlock it.

Even if you got Mastercam to install it will NEVER run properly with these restrictions in effect

I believe there may be controlled folder access on the C:\Users\Public\Documents\ and C:\Users\**username**\documents folders which I CANT change unfortunately