Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Pistons only need 1 more

dan m

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...James, start boarding up all the windows and have the LA fire dept. on standby!...

LOL!!!! Yeah, and it's the official's cars that will burn first!!! biggrin.giftongue.gif

I think they're ready just in case the plan does not work out like they imagine. The plan being that they tank a few games so an not to make 'Sheed cry like his buddy C-Webb. Now C-Webb, that guy's a puss!

James teh biggrin.giftongue.gif

What happened.......Everyone was on a roll! firebounce.gif

I have to agree with some of the politics involved with the Lakers. There are some things the Lakers get taken for i.e. "Hack a shaq". I've seen the guy put his hands in the air not even defensivly and get fouled. They can take advantage of the fact he's a big guy! curse.gif The little spiff with Medvadenko in the last game. banghead.gif That was fuel to a fire. firebounce.gif I admit these guys want the championship bad........A better team????? Shaq's shooting better free throws than Dude with Big Hair! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Well being from Florida and all and never having any type of professional team before the Jag-wads team we had I didn't really understand how much of babies these guys are. 100 million dollars is what Shack the choke artist got them we got the accused guy getting as much with the guy who should be retired getting a pretty penny. Money is what drives the guys and if they can get soemthing in the return that the fans may like the ok with them but work ethic yeah right give me a break. All over paid in every professional sport what is wrong with this country people put vaules on that over Fireman,Police,Nurses,Garabe Men, and other professions that realy make this country what it is.

Just my 2 cents.

the pistons went to work

from this mornings paper

They attacked all night, the way you attack a fire, the way you attack an enemy hill, no counting on luck, fate or chance, just sheer will and your own pounding lungs, drive the rim, drive the lane, until finally, the horn sounded to end their eight-month shift, which began in October and ended one week shy of summer. Rip Hamilton was jumping in place, a ball of energy. Mehmet Okur was hugging Tayshaun Prince. Ben Wallace took the spray paint and marked the last game with a big old "X." The team whose motto is "Goin' to Work" had put in a little overtime, and the once-mighty Lakers hadn't just been defeated, they had been stomped and crushed like Italian grapes. The Pistons didn't just beat L.A., they reduced it to a single letter: "L," as in loser. And as the music soared at the Palace the Pistons soared right with it.

Pay dirt.

"Never stop dreaming," said Chauncey Billups, the series MVP, smiling widely after the raucous 100-87 Game 5 victory that clinched the NBA title.

Never stop dreaming. But when you wake up this morning, you'll notice a new crown in town. It wasn't stolen. It didn't fall from the sky. The Lakers didn't squander it, and the referees didn't conspire it. The Pistons -- write this verb down -- won it. Got that, Phil? Got that, Shaq and Kobe? They won it. They captured it. They grabbed it right from Game 1 and owned everything but 11 seconds and one overtime period, in what some are referring to as the NBA's first "five-game sweep."

Along the way, they broke the mold of NBA championship teams. In the final, crowning, 48 minutes Tuesday night, Detroit ran dynamite under the Lakers' ego and blew it to shreds. From Billups' game-opening drive to a late Ben Wallace put-back slam, the team-oriented Pistons slam-dunked the superstar era, ripped up conventional wisdom and threw a bucket of paint on the portraits of four future Hall of Famers, who, for this season, only will be remembered as all the things the Pistons were not: greedy, selfish, whiny and discombobulated.

The Pistons, meanwhile, were five bodies and 10 hands at a time. And all their hands are on a trophy now. Detroit is back atop the basketball world after 14 years.

"I'm very fortunate to coach this team," a humbled Larry Brown said. "They play the right kind of basketball."

Pay dirt. pistons went to work

cry babies go home

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

The Pistons dominated this series and were the better team, hands down. They had a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter!

Did you guys happen to hear that the owner of the Pistons also owns the WNBA's Detroit Shock and the Tampa Bay Lightning? Three championships in one year. That's pretty cool!

Way to go, Pistons! You are the world champs and you proved it last night. cheers.gif

Thad

as exciting as this whole piston victory is, i have to tell you i was a little preocupied with some exciting stuff going on in my life (james, i'm sure you'll appreciate this). here in michigan, high schools are divided into 4 divisions based on enrollement. i happen to be a coach on the baseball team of my alma mater who is in division 4. last night we played in a quarterfinal game for only the third or 4th time in school history. let me just say, had this game been anything other than a high school game, it would have been an instant classic on espn! (we play seven inning games here in mi) last nights game went 9 innings and we pulled it out in the bottom half 1-0 with a double followed immediatly by a single after not hitting the ball for 8 innings. both pitchers threw gems. striking out double digit batters for each of them. so know we are one of only 4 teams left in division 4 with the semi's this friday! what an awesome feeling!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

First off, congrats to the Pistons and their fans. They played hard, young and fast and were rewarded for their season long efforts. cheers.gif They ran the table on the Fakers and beat the crap out of them! As much as I like to always see Los Angeles teams do well, I'm glad to see those winey little (or not so little) millionaires get spanked in public for all to see, I'm sure their humuliation goes all the way to the bank but hey, the Pistons took 3 straight at home (an NBA first), a Coach gets both an NCAA and an NBA Championship - another first. cheers.gif Next year we will most likely see a completely different team, hopefully one with some heart. These guys were PUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHTHETIC!!!

Now for the important stuff - I only like basketball in the playoffs.

quote:

...last nights game went 9 innings and we pulled it out in the bottom half 1-0 with a double followed immediatly by a single after not hitting the ball for 8 innings. both pitchers threw gems. striking out double digit batters for each of them. so know we are one of only 4 teams left in division 4 with the semi's this friday! what an awesome feeling!...

Suhhhhhweeet! Man I love games like that. My 8 year old made all-stars this year. Yesterday was their first game - it's a Pre-All Star Tourney. Keep us (me) posted Biss. Good luck!!!