Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Gouging on Surface Finish Countor

Müřlıń®

Howdy folks,

I am having a problem with collision check.

It shows a couple hundred small gouges using the 3/8 ball on a surface finish countour.

The volume is only a couple tenths and I dont think it amounts to much, but does anyone know how to stop it from doing that?

I can remember a while back in a post talked about what to do but I can't find it srry.

My STL file for comparing is set to .0001 resolution and collision check still gouges.

Any help would be appreciated...

I am running ver 9.1SP2 strait off the install CD without any upgrades.

Murlin

Thanks Gcode, I will do that smile.gif

I found that if I turned off the arc filters it didn't gouge.

recrunching now with just filters in G17 to see if that will do it...but I will patch up for sure....

edit

nopers that didn't work.....

I will download the new patch and try that

edit

Murlin

quote:

try one way filter if that option is in contour filtering

nope that didn't work...

Funny how it only shows gouge in the NCI on one tool and not the rest.

I have downloaded the new patch but I am hesitant about installing, since I have not had any problems with the HASS post I am using.

Most the points added by collision check have volume less than .0001. I don't think the gouges are anything to worry about, just annoying.

Murlin

Are you using the TPCFG chook becuse when I use it and also use optimize cut order and set the 2 settign I told you about I onlt got about a dozen rapid moves the rest was cuts. I can put it in the folder but that all I did nothing esle. I did not do a verift wit hthe STL on this one but think that the chook might help in a part like this.

Just my humble opinion so if I am off sorry but looks like alot cleaner toolpath to me.

HTH

Hit Alt-C and look for the TPCFG hit open then a dialog box will appear. It has setting for the different toolpaths and gives you some advanced function one of the is flat detection in contour. Hit the check boxes you want and go from there and see if that takes out the gouges.

HTH

Also Murlin this Chook is covered in the help section.

No I haven't tried that yet. I drew up the parts in ProE and Iges them out because I have no STEP translator for Mastercam....

Just a funny annoying glitch I guess....

I like using collision check, because it is very fast and you just have to look on a list and read 0 gouges and dont have to use any graphical verify.

I can turn the sensitivity down to low and only get a few points plot out, but I like leaving it set in the middle.....

Murlin

Murlin !

Collision not always means gouge ,if your feed plane heigh is incremental and retract is not absolute and not big enough you can have this prob .

The use of filtering only makes part more inaccurate to the value of tolerance ,thus making a collision more possible .

Run collision check from operation manager right click ,you will get a report .

Teh Stone Age artist

Pooh, That is where I always run it from.

I only check the gouge button.

If you will make an STL out of my part with .0001 tolerance, and run a 3/8 ball Surface/finish/Contour on this cavity with the inside chain, you will get about 250 reported gouges(not collisions).

Run any other toolpath you wish, any size. The only one that will report that many little miniscule gouges is the 3/8 ball tool.

I ran 1, 3/4,1/2 3/8 and used shallow, leftover,

scallop, and pocket. All with no reported gouges.

I have run into this before on surface/finish/contour algorythm.

I did not try setting the filter tolerance to .0001 because I didn't have enough time to crunch the path today.

Murlin