Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I was really curious about how other people are thinking about it. It is looming. The Beta Cycle started a while back (no specifics biggrin.gif sorry...) so I just wanted to get a feel for what the others that are not in on the Beta Cycle were thinking/feeling...

I'm curious about the "Could Care Less" answer. I'm curious about the type of business he/she is in, what their current Version is, etc...

Thanks for answering friends. cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I would rather wait a little longer with less bugs to deal with...

That's pretty much the consensus with everybody I've talked with. CNC has done many things recently to make me believe that releasing a robust Version X is a serious goal of theirs. We have lots of Beta Testers and resellers to than for putting pressure in the right places and at the right times.

cheers.gif to CNC for listening...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I'm currently installing a new Integrex. If the CD came today I'd have to ignore it for a month...

Try like 3! eek.gif Just ask any of the Integrex vets in here. biggrin.gif

There's 4 people now that could care less. Interesting. Very interesting..

I almost voted "could care less" but chose the "somewhat curious" instead. and here is my reason :

no matter how great it is, i know i won't see it for awhile - if ever. i'm still stuck in V8 with no relief in sight. in fact we just got all new computers for everyone in the office - except me of course. so i'm confident it will be a long time before i get my chance. I'm not doing a whole lot of design work right now so i somewhat understand the reasoning but it still sucks. irregardless of this, i'm still curious as to what it has and look forward to all the posts about the new enhancements it has to offer.

I am one who will hold out, I need to see something to show me it will increase productivity. I am still running 8 for that reason. I did not see a big enough jump to get on the version 9 bandwagon. And also with reading about the problems people have had with the maintenance releases. I guess I would rather not have unexpected problems that could throw a wrench into your day. And just stick with what is tried and true. I am hoping I see enough improvements to want to hop onto 10.

As for maintenance. I see every large corporation trying to become a utility these days. And that bugs me. Every one is trying to nit pick your profits to death. What happened to selling a product at a price you feel comfortable with.

Jim

I like biss03 almost voted "could care less" but chose the "somewhat curious" instead. as this is a complete new interface I personally will not be jumping straight in as producing parts is my number one concern and I would hate to think that I may spend 20 hours on a job and there be some problems with this new code. We currently have the maintainence agreement so we will be getting the upgrade when it becomes available but it may not get installed until 10.1 or whatever it will be called

I like to move forward when I can. I am on maintenace, and when I get my version of X I will jump into it right away, and as long as it can make my parts (which I'm sure it will) I will stick with it. I voted for the first option!