Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

,fanuc 21i

flying

I'm not much of a Fanuc guy, but doesn't G55 funtion "within" G92? Actually, I've always seen either a G92 OR G54-59, not both. But then again, see the first part of my first sentence. biggrin.gif So, my inexperienced answer would be no, it doesn't cancel the previous G92.

Thad

G55 will work from wherever G92 was defined. It is not a good idea or practice to combine the two. G92 is a hangover from older controls, it is not needed on Fanuc controls at all. I never teach it to anyone. Of course you can argue this but after 18 years of teaching customers on multi head machines, I have never had a customer have an accident.

rgds

George

George, that's a great record. 0 accidents. I wish I could say the same. I have wrecked, crashed, and caught on fire several machines. But I run the heck out of them. When people come into my place they can not believe the volume of production we are putting through these machines. The only way I could prevent anything from going wrong is to unplug/unhook and enclose the machine in a glass case.

Maybe he has lots of positions but only g54-g59 to work with.

If that is the case. I use g10 to shove my work offsets in, and call up g54 again.

Since alot of my work is fixtured production. I can setup a fixture 2 years ago. Load it back up and be within .001 location from 2 years past. But being production we try and keep our setup down to a minimal, by saving our old offsets in the program.

So what I do, since we do not have g54.1 on our enshu.

I write in the programs

G90

G10L2P1X0Y0Z0

Or what ever you want g54 to be. If you want g55 just change p1 to p2, and so on for g56,57,58,59

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

I have and I do understand what happens here, I also know that posts are frequently emailed to contributing members from other contributing members. I may not have reached the point of contributing member yet, but it never hurts to ask.

I have contacted my dealer, he is Elk Hunting and won't be back until next week. I would really like a clean post now, but I'll wait if I have too. I have a post that is semi working now but requires clean-up to make the machine work properly.

Life is hard......

How about starting with what you need to

change on the post you got.

These guys are great about helping with posts.

I did all my own posts but I'm more of a chop

and hack type of post guy.

Give the boys some specifics and see how quick

they solve your problem.

PEACE biggrin.gif

Just talked to the actual MC guru and he's saying he has it nailed? I'm more of the design the machine, hand off to MC guru, and then go load stock after he sets up the machine guy. I still haven't got MC learned, kinda waiting for X to show so I don't have to learn it twice. Dealer's saying soon and that it won't even look like 9.1.

I should have said:

How about a trade. First guy to send me an awesome post with mailing address gets a 12 pack of his/her beer of choice.

I am much more relaxed now that I have a Negra Modelo in my hand and the boss has left for the day. Now to get these parts ran.....

Thanks Hardmill.