Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problem with illegal arc at . . .

Code_Breaker

I need a little (lots) of help. I have been at this for about two hours.

This works fine: biggrin.gif

[*]I am using a 1mm BEM with Surface Rough Pocket with "Rough" turned off and "Finish" turned on. I am only want to do the walls. The tolerance is .0008 (filter 2:1, one way, only arc in XY) and step down .005. Plus .002 stock.

This one doesn't work, but getting illegal arc warnings. bonk.gif

[*]I am using a 1mm BEM with Surface Rough Pocket with "Rough" turned off and "Finish" turned on. I am only want to do the walls. The tolerance is .0001 (filter 2:1, one way, only arc in XY) and step down .0005. Plus .000 stock.

I have played with the filter, tolerance and step, but to no avail. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

QUESTION Is there something missing here? headscratch.gif

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Winnie,

I am using I & J (seven places in NCI), our machine won't take R. I am getting this in backplot.

Also, if I change to Surface Finish Contour with same filter, tolerance and step == problem solved for this project. However . . .

I know they are basically the same, but something is causing the problem.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

code_breaker, we used to get that error in version 9 all the time but it went off in 9.1sp2. I know you must be having 9.1sp2 but has it happened for the first time or earlier also.

Have you ever tested your program in controller's test run? In our case illeagle arc always worked fine on machine.

Illegal arc can be thing like this :

if your start point ,end poin and center of the

arc are on one line and in this order :start point ,end point and center or end point ,start point and center .

What can cause it - a loop .

Check your geometry :

analize surfaces for internal sharp corners ,overcrossing and look for very little surfaces .

Check your check boundary for overlapping entities and gaps

If you created spline and use it for check boundary and there were gaps or overlapping entities you have prelly good chanses to happen this .

or if the chain was not closed and you add the tolerance for not closed chain in chain options .

IOW ,check good your geometry !

also ,look for points in check boundaries geometry

HTH

WTHH