Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X interface question

Thad

With the new interface in X, will items still be able to be found by selecting a 'chain' of words from a menu? For example, currently when someone asks a question on how to move their model, we reply "Xform-Translate-All-Entities-Done...etc." Will we still able to do this or will we have to reply "Click the icon that looks like a pterodactyl with 3 wings and a fish in it's mouth"? biggrin.gif

It seems that a lot of questions are answered with a path of words to click from the menu. With the newer interface being more icon driven, I was wondering how that will work. Answer if you can.

Thad

It is a combination of the two. You can create an icon for basically any of the functions. You can also fully customize the right click mouse to multiple flyouts. There is a pulldown menu on the top of the screen which uses very similar wording to the current version, which will make transition easier. (i.e. you can go the pulldown menu and choose create/line/parallel

It is definitely easier to use than Done, done, do it, done, done, do it, done done, next menu, do it, done tongue.gif

Just do it

(p.s. don't tell anyone who revealed this information...it will be our little secret)

Done wink.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

Here is me at least twice a day with MC crashing

I'm on MC all day every day. Hundreds of ops in single programs. I have a knack for crashing things, (including Macs on a regular basis), and find MC to be one of the more stable programs I use regularly. Maybe a crash a week.

Might be your system configuration.