Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

free posts not for everyone.

billystein

I want to know what the big deal is if someone asks for a post. It is the first thing everyone needs when they start mastercam.

I personally don't mind giving mine away. I have been customizing these thing for 17 years now and I have never refused anyone a post. And I have never charged for one either. My current Fadal post started out in V6. And I believe it to be almost perfected. I have many hours in it. It has been on the ftp for a couple of years. I even updated it a couple of times.

If it is a big deal then the dealers are being rude by trading them on this section of the forum.

If we really here to help each other then who cares about the ones who are charging us.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posts take time to tweak.

Time is money.

Your dealer should take care of any post issues

when you purchase the software.

If you see dealers trading posts here on the forum

its usually to take care of a customer.

If you want to put hrs. into a post, only to

give it away, thats on you.

People here are always willing to help dial in a post.

Alot of people who have come here in the past have illegal software, thats why the big deal.

PEACE biggrin.gif

I have privately shared my personalized posts with people who have joined this forum and participated and have built up a relationship with me first.

I have had people who have privately emailed me and asked for a post,and because I knew who they were (this is achived by coming to the forum with hands closed not open for free hand outs and participating here)I had no problem giving it to them.

IMO,it is rude to join a forum and the first thing you do,(not even introduce yourself and show a little respect and humbleness)is ask for hand outs.

There are many posts that come loaded on the mcam cd that need only slight modifications.

And yes,this place is a place to help one another,but not by doing all the work for someone.

Why wouldn't someone want to learn (from help here)how to tweak their post?

I have spent hours sometimes to get my post to do what I want.Is this not worth anything?

Sorry but Billystein, WHAT IS YOUR DEAL? Every thread I have read with your name in it lately is either bashing Mastercam or bashing this forum or it's members. Dude you have an attitude problem. If you don't like Mastercam or it's forum, why are you here? I have yet to see you ask for help on an issue but instead attack. I have said my peace.

quote:

I want to know what the big deal

Cracked versions of MCam dont come with posts. Let the buyer beware. So with this in mind it *may help to dissuade those who might want a cracked copy.

there was once a memorable forum post from some guy in SE asia.

< paraphrase >

I got some deal on good mastercam. need to work for hyundai big mill.

my friend i pay got nothing. what i do? you got me help. make Mastercam for my machine.

< / paraphrase >

anyone remember that one?

It seems that you can chart the release of a new crack by the frequency of post requests.

-Keith

+1 to Brendan.

I have no problem at all to helping anyone if I can, but I do have a problem if the person isn't trying to help him/herself. A newbie coming in here requesting a post tells me,

1. They're too lazy to dial one in.

2. They're to cheap to buy one dialed in.

3. They would rather make money on someone else's hard work.

4. They have no passion for this trade.

5. They didn't bother to read the first thread.

6. They don't have the ability to learn how.

The only excuse listed above that's tolerable is No.6 and if that is the reason then it might be a better idea to find a different trade. Sometimes the parts being produced from MC are more difficult than the post itself.

Also,I never had a post issue that I could not get help for here.

This is a community of great people who just so happen to have much knowledge and rather than just give it away,would have no problem coaching you along.

Even being a member here for the time I have been (and I feel that I am well liked here),I still would never blatently post on this forum for a free post.

Although I might just get it if I did.

Rather, I may privately email someone that I have built up a relationship with and ask.

I have even had my dealer (Steve from S4A) privately email me on a post issue that I participated in on a thread here,and he helped me for free!

This is what it is all about.

I'm sorry that you feel this way,but it seems that the house rules.

Who knows,someone may send mudasser a free post. wink.gif

Storkman,

You make a good point. I'm sorry if I come off with the tude thang. Just my nature. Please don't take offense.

What I would like to have is a way to compare the best features in posts. If the top 10 fadal posts were available then we could all critique the procedures used and make the best fadal post.

I see many ways of doing things and would like to see them work. Or at least hear which routines other people like the best.

I said "my fadal post is almost perfected". Maybe some of you guys won't like the way it works. How would I ever know? If it was the best fadal post ever no one would know because no one is comparing our posts.

I just think that with so many good mastercam user we could raise the level of posts for all.

Billy

That could be cool... headscratch.gif It's just like this: I build Molds, someone else may build Wood products. With the huge variations in machining. I got to give the credit to the programmers of MC for giving a generic one to start with.

Also to ween out the cracked users. Some of those people that just cruz in here and ask for a post and get flammed are gone. They are'nt looking for help with their post. Their looking for another freebee! banghead.gif

Storkmans cool. Be nice or he might deliver the red-hedded step child from Hell! biggrin.gif J/K

cheers.gif

quote:

I said "my fadal post is almost perfected". Maybe some of you guys won't like the way it works. How would I ever know? If it was the best fadal post ever no one would know because no one is comparing our posts.

The best post is one that goes from the post button in the ops manager to the floor. If yours does that then all is good with the world. If it doesn't or if you would like it to do something better, post what you have and mention what you would like to have and you'll probable have it by the end of the day.

billystein , does your post to "L" level sub call outs like fadal lets you do?

Does your post tell you in the header what offsets it is using ,so if it is using say E1 and E2 this would tell you when you post?

If you use the Job setup to define your stock does it put that info in the header of the program and say stock size.

Just a few things some of my Fadal posts do.

Just shareing.

quote:

The best post is one that goes from the post button in the ops manager to the floor.

Well so far mine does that. wink.gif

quote:

So don't go think'n I'm sum nut that's got a cracked copy!

Chris I beleave you.But do you somke Crack biggrin.gif J/K

quote:

Storkman,

You make a good point. I'm sorry if I come off with the tude thang. Just my nature. Please don't take offense.

billystein , thank you for a nice reply instead of just getting made and go off or worst away. cheers.gif

quote:

Posts take time to tweak.

Hardmill ,I have seen you tweak in the matter of min biggrin.gif

Many of the users of Mastercam have not actually purchased the program with their own money. The company they work for purchases it. Even so, most of them respect the post issue. Now, if a user has actually used his own money to buy it

,as I have, then the buyer is even more sensitive about posts being given away to potential pirates.

To say nothing about the guy across town using a pirated copy and a free post AND competing with you! So this little post issue is not as simple as people being generous and kind and sharing.

I have tweaked my posts for years now and literally have hundreds of hours doing it to a mill and 2 lathes. So, I totally respect the idea that someone might want to charge for his time when he sells this post to someone who needs it. If the seller works for someone else and is on the clock when he writes the post then there is a cost and it should be up to his employer to charge or not. If he works for himself then the time he spends is a cost and he can decide whether to charge or not. Either way one should respect this and should never expect this for free.

Actually the way I look at it is, we have 36 machines here, I have about 14 different posts that I have tweeked to work on these machines. I am proud of the way they work and have given them to all my co-workers. But, when it comes down to it, they are not mine. My company paid me to work on them. They belong to the company. I have no right to go out and give them to someone outside my place of work. You are being paid to do a service, thus the results of that service belong to the employer. JM2C.

Brendan said:

quote:

Even being a member here for the time I have been (and I feel that I am well liked here),

Well, I wouldn't go *that* far! biggrin.gif j/k Nothing but love for ya...my brutha, from anutha mutha. biggrin.gif

A while back I asked for some recommendations on what post to start with when we were asked to do some programming for our mother company. 3 different people emailed me posts. smile.gif

Thad

Storkman, you're right about the company owning the posts if you were on company time while you worked on them, BUT, I think that it is within your professional discretion to share things like that for information that you and your company can benefit from; somewhat akin to a barter system. I have a folder on my harddrive that contains at least a dozen fully customized posts given to me by members of this forum and I'm sure at least a dozen members have a post that I worked on [either for me or for them] residing on their computers. I feel that many members here have given me invaluable assistance with all aspects of machining and Mastercam and that it is in my own best interest, and that of my employer, that I show gratitude and respect by providing them the fruits of my labors when they are in need of them.

As far as the Jacka$$es that come in saying 'does anyone have a post for a Fanuc 18T?'; THEY can kiss my a$$

C

[ 11-30-2004, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

i have made some small changes in my posts but a lot of the stuff i dont really understand.when i see you guys help each other with them i am pretty impressed. right now when i generate a program i spend a lot of time editing.i would like to make them so i dont have to edit at all, or very little.i guess i should be asking questions .

Chuck

Fire away, most of the edits you need to make have been addressed by at least one of us in the past and 10 minutes of typing here on the forum can save you literally hours of code editing in the future.

Out of curiosity, is S4A your reseller? If so, Steve Biehl is a good post guy and not at all stingy about giving out free advice to those willing to put a little effort in.

C

Some info :

That`s not true that cracked versions come without posts .

What I have seen is a regular distro with crack .

You can easily download one from any p2p client and see that I am right .

The regular distro ,as you know ,full of posts for anything ,even there are some 5 axes posts .

There are some posts on mastercam.com .So post is not a problem .

They (these persons ) don`t want even a slightest effort ,they want everything for nothing .

Now look on other Cad-Cams .

Most other programs distro `es come without posts at all .

Some programs have non-ascii post files and you must recompile them ,recompliler can be protected by code to plug (Cimatron ,for example ).

So Mastercam posts policy is very friendly ,if not the best .

So who are most of people requesting posts here ?

Why they don`t work with their dealer ?

And why they do not read FAQ and rules ...? curse.gif

I am ready to help anyone ,but not those ,who don`t play by rules and fools .

Now rules are rules ,you can disagree ,you can say what you think ,and why they are these ,and not different .

But you must obbey them .

And this is a forum ,provided by dealer ,and we respect dealers ,right ?

When I think different I am saying it loud ,but obbey the rules .

The flames starting like give me some post... where desperate before ,people here even tired to flame as a couple of years ago !

What I own I give ,but what moral right I have to give a post ,tweaked by my dealer ?

Teh thinking out loud