Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Auto picking center of arcs for drilling

Jimmy_2004

I've had some trouble with mask on arc when I later tried to threadmill those holes. If the arc I selected was the tap drill size, threadmill op automatically threadmills that size. Box to specify actual thread dia gets blanked out and can't be changed. To avoid problem I always put in points either manually or with c-hook if I also need to threadmill.

• 2 years later...

Hmmm, these are the closes search results I have found..... I'm trying to drill some holes and everytime I program I get the following error.

"R Command is in a block that is not a 2D arc"

I'm picking the holes to drill from a imported CAD file and having to rearrange the drill sequence to make it linear instead of mastercam's desire to cut the outer holes 1st.

I'm using X2 (11.0.3.25)

I'm not only a newbie to the board but new to the CNC world. Recently the computer I used as well as the network was changed and I have been having issues ever since...

I finally figured out my post is adding a retract command thats causing the error. Looking back at some of my old programs there was no retract command and hence the difference between sucess and failure. At least I have a customer, sales guy, customer service, and now plant manager asking for updates every 5 minutes... as we all know this really helps with the progress... banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Well I was thinking it was the post got changed somehow but I confirmed I am using the original post.

After comparing my program for my proto part made in June and the revised program I am failing to create I noticed the G code is different. Not only is it adding a retract command to the Drill lines but it is also adding the follwing at the start of each command line.

N120

N130

N140

etc.

I guess its probably just a setting that I probably made in my training on my old PC and needs to be made to my new puter....

The other method you can use to pick your arc centers:

Leave the point selection set to manual (button with the selection arrow), then Right-Click on the Arc Center override option on the Autocursor drop down menu. Then you can just click the arcs in the order you want to drill them. This saves time over the automatic methods because you don't have to re-sort the points. Its great if you don't have too many holes...

Justin,

Basically the same, except instead of using the Autocursor settings dialog box (with all the checkboxes), you would go to the autocursor override drop down menu, and right-click on the arc center option. This saves you from having to re-configure your autocursor settings when you are done. Right-Clicking on an autocursor override option to "lock" it was introduced in X2 MR1 I think (although it might have been earlier).

HTH,

It's on the Autocursor Toolbar, past the XYZ data entry fields, to the right of the "!" button. Click the little black drop down arrow, and then you will see the entire list of Overrides. Left-clicking sets that override for a one-time use. Right-clicking locks that selection mode.

Beware though, if you lock a selection mode, you must press ESC or click the override button to unlock it before you can exit the current command. Its not a big deal as long as you know about it.

HTH,