Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help With New FTP SERVER

cadcam

Hi All this kinda hard to ask, So I thought I would put a poll together to get peoples thoughts.

As my server is getting old and needs to be updated.

I am putting a poll together to see if you nice folks would be willing to help.

My thought is to see if I put a Paypal account together and asked folks for a $2.00 donation to put a faster and more storage server together for the Mastercam Forum how many would be willing to donat.

This Hard to ask but I have never even when offerd taken any money for this service and time and never had any intentions to do so.

But at this time this would be real helpful and make it sooner then later.

So you all know I have just updated the speed and the router on the system to make it more reliable.

Thanks all Jay (aka Cadcam)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay

I don't think you set that poll up right.

It wants me to answer both yes and no cuckoo.gif

Several years ago I was starting a new job

and getting my butt kicked by an undercut flowline toolpath.

I put the file on the fourm and someone fixed

within the hour. My boss never knew I was getting

beat biggrin.gif

Jay, I think it may have been you who fixed the file.

Anyway, count me in on the PayPal deal.

You'd best not be driving a Corvette the next time I see you tongue.gif

Thanks guys.

Let me see I am figuring I am going to need at least 500 donations to get this to work well and I will also be putting in my self.

I would be putting the picture of the server when purchased on this board for all to see.

I am also trying to figure out how to do this at the end after reaching the 500 donations end I would like to raffle of to the people that helped a Mastercam X shirt at no cost to the winner.

So this would be more like a raffle more then any thing.

Example of shirt but a new one:

shirtx1.jpg

shirtx2.jpg

Yeah, something is a little wacky with the poll mechanics...I'd try and vote for "Hell YES I'll help" but it keeps rejecting my submission....saying something like "you need to vote for #2 also"

I'd be happy to kick in for your server needs. Lord knows your FTP site and management has saved all our a$$es. It's worth more than 2$ for me, I'd be happy to kick in more.. With doing a little garage cleaning, ebay and paypal have become a sort of "free cyber money". Spread the wealth.

As long as the ftp server does'nt have a 36" plasma screen monitor...with 10-speaker surround sound. biggrin.gif You'll be fine with a 15" mono-chrome from the Haas dumpster biggrin.gif

Thanks Ron big time.

By the way I asked Dave and Greg to fix this poll.

Looks as thow I should just setup the account and get started figureing with in 6 months at the most this should work and I will order it from Dell.

Thanks Jay

[ 02-18-2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: cadcam, From CCCS ]

Yeah I need a new shirt, but white ain't my color either. I have had that other one for years. It was like the passing of an old friend. I may take have to take the Stork's advise and go sleeveless. Jim at Barefoot should order me a new one. As far as this server thing goes I am in but i don't have a paypal account. If Jay can email me an address I send him a check.

Well looks as if I want to fix the poll I will have to redo it and it is looking silly at this time to do this.

As everyone that has posted has been very positive at this point.

If you email me at [email protected] I can give address to use.

Please when sending let me have you Board name, so I can reference for the drawing at the end.

And a adress to would be good.

I just made the Pay Pal last night and I have to say I am not sure what info to give to you nice folks to use.

Any one knows what you need?

So you know there is no limit on the pay pal or any other on the donation.

But when I get to the mark I will be posting to stop as I don’t want more then needed as this just for our needs nothing more.

Thanks all.

Hey Jayson,

It would be a waste of time for me to send a cheque since I have gone through the nightmare of US banks refusing to acknowledge a Canadian cheque written in US dollars, this takes a couple of months and no satisfaction has ever been realized.

PayPal is your best bet but I can only pay people with a few clicks. You really need to learn how to email a request for payment; I could forward you an emailed example if you like.

You could also auction the shirt on EBay but as you know, EBay will claw back a certain percentage of the sale.

Riches are awaiting you here – Send the white shirt to Travis, its high time he cleaned himself up anyways.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack