Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Topic Title Wording Please Read

chris m

Good Morning

I may be out of line here but I'm going to make the request anyway. Can we try to be a little more specific with the titles that are given to new threads? One of the most powerful and time-saving components of this forum is the Search feature, and non-specific titles make this less effective. For example, instead of 'Post Question' for a title, use 'Coolant Off in Haas Post' or something like that?

Knock me off my soapbox if you want but this has been kinda bugging me for awhile so I figured I'd speak up.

C

You must have been reading my mind.....

Maybe it could be a temporary or new sticky at the top of the forum. The knowledge base is getting pretty big now, and certainly would help searching AND also prioritizing who and what topic to help.

I.E. I'm not gonna click on a header:

" 5 axis post help "

or

" Integrex programmer wanted "

biggrin.gif

I am glad you brought that up Chris,

I have done searches in the past only to find out the topic was covered before but was under a heading called "help". I feel there are to many shortcuts and information that is being wasted due to poor topic headings. It is a little easier on me because after being in this forum for a while I can remember a topic that was talked about a couple weeks ago, for the newbie if the search dont hit then we are gonna see repetitive questions. I feel it should be a MUST for the topics to be properly headed.

+1 to Chris

cheers.gif

• 2 months later...

Would it be at all possible for anyone to reword old meaningless titles?

I know it might be alot of work but if a few people take up the task it wouldn't be so bad...

I would volunteer.

I know I'm responsible for some stupid ones in the past.