Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TERRORISM - What did they accomplish?

Luther_Heggs

Nothing - other than having 95% of the world now having their eyes opened to their true evil.

It's lucky for them that if they feel that martyrdom in the name of Islam will place them in heaven, for it's coming.

Hopefully, if intelligence finds the source, and/or should it be a country or a group hosted by a country, that the US Congress will DECLARE WAR and the FULL might (and I mean FULL) of the US Military goes after them with a merciless vengeance not seen since WWII.

This is true evil veiled under a religion. What type of convoluted God do these terrorists answer to?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Animals that could perpetrate such heinous acts certainly do not serve the God of the Bible.

I've heard it said that these cowards are looking forward to the afterlife because there they will have 70 virgins at their disposal for dying a "martyr's" death. Just sick!

The FULL brunt of the US Military, who could bear it? The Gulf War was merely a microscopic glimpse of what the US (and the Free World for that matter) is capable of. If the origins of this Terrorist Attack are found to be dwelling in the desert, it would serve humanity well to turn their deserts to glass. IMHO

The President needs to formally rescind the Executive Order banning asassinations by our special forces. Then make the surgical removal of these cancerous leaders that are propogating such acts of violence and terrorism a top priority.

The only thing they did accomplish was to xxxx us (and the Free World) off. They will be repaid, count on it. It will make people sit back and think twice about ever trying something even remotely like this again.

[Decided 'xxxx' shouldn't be censored word - Webmaster]

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Webmaster ]

Killing those that were involved might not be enough.

Lets say they find who did it, go in there and take care of it. There might be 50 maybe 100 people in some kind of camp that they will destroy. Are you going to be happy with this. I'm not. They say that minimum of 3000 died Tuesday and that's minimum. Killing one hundred of those animals is not justice to me. Those people don't care if they die, they will be heroes in the eyes of their people. We would have to do something more devastating so other terrorist groups would think twice about doing anything. They know that US will not cause any damage to their people and that is why they carry those attacks without any fear.

I slept for two hours last night and stayed home today because all the anger I have in me. I know that if I go out and run into any Palestinian I would jump right to his throat. There is little Palestinian community here in Chicago and it's a ghost town with all streets closed and lots of cops. Something will happen there sooner or later.

Did anybody see how happy they were on TV. Good think I don't have guns at home.

There is no resolution to this un-godlike misfortune. For every action, there will be a reaction. With that statement said, I will give my personnal opinion. This will bother some individuals, but I do not care at this time, especially seeing "children" dancing in the streets of Palestine yesterday over what happened here. We need to put an end to acts like this forever. I know that the said task will be impossible. However, the USA, the greatest nation ever, should strike and strike hard. Kill everyone that has and ever will do such an act on any nation. Just by seeing the "children" dancing, you know that this will never end. By killing everyone that has or will commit such an act will only bring on more suffering, but at least it would put an end to the senseless killing that took place yesterday for a period of time which in turn might give the powers to be a better perspective on how to stop or control third world nations. I say we take complete control over all the Mid-East and all oil fields over there. The people over there have had problems with each other trying to get one another to convert thier beliefs to the other guys, which has been nothing but war between them for many, many years. I personnally believe that this is the time for us, the USA, to put a final end to it.

By doing this, it will also make other powerhouse nations "upset". So be it. If a war is coming, I gladly will re-enlist. My wife has been reading a book series, Left Behind. If you are not a deeply religious person, you will still find these books of great interest. I will not go into great detail about what the series is about, but I will tell you that what has happen is a "sign". That is all I will say about that.

As I said, I know that what I have said will xxxx-off people, but at this point in my life, I do not care. Things I praise in my life are God, my country, my family and myself. I will stand tall to defend any of them against anyone.

Trevor Bailey

First

I would like to extend my sympathy and prayers to those involved and affected by this horrific act.

Secondly

Well said Trevor.

I'm sure there are alot more who share this same opinion including myself.

NUKE and PAVE.it may sound terrible, but this animalistic behavior would surely cease to be bred in these savage countries.

- frown.gif

What was accomplished? I think nothing more than, as the previous person stated, awakening the world to the true evil behind these people.

I think now that every civilized nation will now quit hedging and resolve together to declare war on International Terrorism.

I think this has awakened the US much like Pearl Harbor did. We tend to air our differences in public, which gives some the perception that we are divided and weak. But this act will galvanize and focus our will and might. I think the response will be broad, deep, surgical, and aweful.

For our part, we resolved to not let this disrupt us from our work. We held class last night, and explained to the students our decision to not let these sob's disrupt our lives. Everyone showed up to class, and was in total agreement with the decision.

This was forwarded to me today... Thought I'd share.

Hit the buildings, Missed America . . . .

Posted By: Charles Brennan, Windrose 18, So. Florida

Date: 9/11/2001 9:07p.m.

An open letter to a terrorist:

Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but you missed America. You hit the Pentagon, but you missed America. You used helpless American bodies, to take out other American bodies, but like a poor marksman, you STILL missed America.

Why? Because of something you guys will never understand. America isn’t about a building or two, not about financial centers, not about military centers, America isn’t about a place, America isn’t even about a bunch of bodies. America is about an IDEA. An idea, that you can go someplace where you can earn as much as you can figure out how to, live for the most part, like you envisioned living, and pursue Happiness. (No guarantees that you’ll reach it, but you can sure try!)

Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your terrorist litany: “If you can not see my point, then feel my pain.” This concept is alien to Americans. We live in a country where we don’t have to see your point. But you’re free to have one. We don’t have to listen to your speech. But you’re free to say one. Don’t know where you got the strange idea that everyone has to agree with you. We don’t agree with each other in this country, almost as a matter of pride. We’re a collection of guys that don’t agree, called States. We united our individual states to protect ourselves from tyranny in the world. Another idea, we made up on the spot. You CAN make it up as you go, when it’s your country.

If you’re free enough.

Yeah, we’re fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That’s an unfortunate image to project to the world, but it comes of feeling free and easy about the world you live in. It’s unfortunate too, because people start to forget that when you attack Americans, they tend to fight like a cornered badger. The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when England burned Washington D.C. to the ground. Didn’t turn out like England thought it was going to, and it’s not going to turn out like you think, either. Sorry, but you’re not the first bully on our shores, just the most recent.

No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans, either. We were the FIRST and so far, only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in anger. Horrific idea, nowadays? News for you bucko, it was back then too, but we used it anyway. Only had two of them in the whole world and we used ‘em both. Grandpa Jones worked on the Manhattan Project. Told me once, that right up until they threw the switch, the physicists were still arguing over whether the Uranium alone would fission, or whether it would start a fissioning chain reaction that would eat everything. But they threw the switch anyway, because we had a War to win. Does that tell you something about American Resolve?

So who just declared War on us? It would be nice to point to some real estate, like the good old days. Unfortunately, we’re probably at war with random camps, in far-flung places. Who think they’re safe. Just like the Barbary Pirates did, IIRC. Better start sleeping with one eye open.

There’s a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country, looking for opportunity, looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if they misuse it. The Marielistas that Castro emptied out of his prisons, were overjoyed to find out how much freedom there was. First thing they did when they hit our shores, was run out and buy guns. The ones that didn’t end up dead, ended up in prisons. It was a big PITA then (especially in south Florida), but you’re only the newest PITA, not the first.

You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don’t live in America, America lives in US! American Spirit is what it’s called. And killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us, won’t change it. Most of the time, it’s a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we’re crossed in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of Spirit.

Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time.

Sleep tight, if you can. We’re coming.

Slow down fella's.

In this thread people are suggesting a full take over of the Middle East and the use of nuclear weapons. Remember that Afghanistan is bounded by The former Soviet Union on one side and also borders China on the other. Any use by anyone of a nuclear weapon is suicidal, we all lose. As for enlisting, forget it, go down this route and you will fry in your bed.

As for evil Islam. The Koran is no more evil than the Bible. As always it is simple minded human beings that let us all down. The vast majority of Muslims are appalled at this action. Some of the comments in this thread are stupid beyond belief.

"I know that if I go out and run into any Palestinian I would jump right to his throat."

What? Christian Palestinians as well? Get a book. Read it, and understand who you are dealing with and why their hatred is so entrenched.

Ron.

Ron

Many in this forum have not dealt with or shall i say ,Known a Muslum as a friend,So for them to say dumb things will happen.

Remember the aftermath of Pearl Harbor? Dumb things were said about Japanese Americans too.Then the next thing we did was strip them of all there property & put them into concentration camp.

This is still America. & dont forget it!

Kenneth Potter

Theres a ton of Georgian and Armenian soldier from the former Sovet Union that`d love to see Afganistan wiped off the map,of course not nuclearly but they lost a ton of there own in there war with them years ago

and hate them with a passion,i can tell you

too that i spent alota time over there in the

military and if i was a betting man i know it

would be safe to say atleast 75% of em hate

our guts,anyone that dont think that pack

your **** and try a friendly hike across

there country once and see how many stop to

ask if ya need a ride

Hi all!!

Just a littel word for the other side of the world, more accurate Denmark. (on top of EU)

we all feel your pain, and will do all in our power to help, the danish goverment has desidet to, if nesery deploy danish millitary in a strike to international terrorisen,

That is the first time that happens,

perhaps this will bring the civillied world closer to gether,

I for one was wery proud to see on national tv. that severel thousend danes was outside the US embaseade i kobenhaven the same night to lite candelights an to put flowers in front of the gate. to show that your not alone with you paine.

best regards

Jakob Jakobsen.

Charles, I agree, Bush is pretty impressive at the moment.

As for Afgahnistan then a good insight into this country is the book by Nick Danzinger where he travels the old silk roads across Afghanistan to China at the time of the Soviet occupation. The Mujahedeen looked after him well during his travels.

However, this current Taliban regime is pure evil and, well, basicly, needs a good kicking. I am sure they will be duly obliged.

Ron.

Patience…

I understand that everyone is angry, but lets keep our heads about this. Let's not subscribe to the "Kill them all and let God sort them out" mentality. Timothy McVeigh was raised in America's heartland. Did we bomb the town or state in which he was raised?

The appropriate action will take place when the time is right.

I see a lot of talk about Islam, I want ask all of you, what do you know about Islam???

Did you ever read something from The Holy Quran???

From all what I read, I don’t think that any one of you know what is real Islam.

So all the talk here like some one who work with Cimatron and he never saw Mastercam, he only heard about it, and he start to talk about it.

Personally, I didn’t read in Quran any thing about killing people.

Maybe since you are more familiar with Islam, you can clear some things up.

Q: Why are children being raised to believe that martydom in the name of Islam against anything that is related to the USA will give them a free pass to heaven?

Q: What/who promotes enough hatred for groups to attack us?

Q: Why are Islamic peoples dancing in the streets (and shooting off live rounds to boot)?