Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX backplot

?Mark

I noticed with Demo that after I selected the backplot icon, I had to click in the graphics window before the S key would step it for me. Otherwise it did nothing. Is it the same with the real version?

I get the same beeping with every step....about every *other* backplot. It doesn't do it everytime.

Thad

quote:

By strobe, do you mean flicker or an image of the tool being left while the tool is redrawn at the next location so you end up with many copies of the tool???

-Mine does both things you describe.

quote:

If you are using an NVidia card, please make sure the "use unified back/depth buffer" setting is UN-CHECKED

-I am (NVIDIA Quadro fx agp8x 128M)and I unchecked that, but it made no difference. Hole pattern example. Tool blinks while plotting, goes to next hole and blinks while plotting and the fist hole still shows a tool in it. On a six hole pattern, by the time it's in the sixth hole, I have six flikering tools thatI can't make out what they're doing. I've been using verify with no problems. Still no beeping though. Or maybe I just have the tunes too loud!

Backplot:

quote:

Can I turn off the beep every time I press "S" to step thru it?

If the cursor is over the Toolpath Manager. Yyou can tell when the TM icons are not grayed-out. TM is “seeing” the keystroke and beeps (It doesn't know what the 'S' is for). This issue has been logged.

quote:

…after I selected the backplot icon, I had to click in the graphics window before the S key would step it for me.

You need to get the cursor out of the Toolpath Manager pane; click either in the graphics area or on the BackPlot VCR bar.

Graphics issues….

If running NVIDIA, and your card has the 'Use unified back/buffer' option, turn it off.

BP attempts to detect if this is active and automatically deal with it, but sometimes it cannot. This auto-detection is being enhanced, but in case you need to force it off, we are going to have a switch to “tell” BP to assume that it needs to handle this situation. That way you won’t have to disable it “globally” within the driver settings.

If that does not help your situation (or the unified back/buffer option does not exist on your card), try turning off Hardware acceleration.

*** You can do this within X. ->

Settings – Config – Screen and check ‘Disable hardware acceleration’

(This way you only are turning off accel in X and not affecting any other applications you run on your box).

Finally… “Only thing I can think of, I set the Nvidia setting with MC open.”

If you make a change in your graphics settings when X is running, nothing is going to change until you (at least) restart X!

Roger

One of my Dell's (Quadro FX3400) would not BP right no matter what I did.

I rolled the drivers back to v70.78 and it solved

all issues I was having. (still had to shut off the back buffer)

My other Dell with a Quadro FX-3000 runs fine

on the latest drivers. I have no clue why..

Its in the Open GL/Performance Settings section

of Advanced Setting of Quadro cards

In some driver verions there is a scroll bar

window with 8 or 9 differnet options and you have to scroll down to it.

Some gaming cards don't even have that option.

I just checked my email computer, a GeForce4600Ti

and it doesn't have that switch

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

quote:…after I selected the backplot icon, I had to click in the graphics window before the S key would step it for me.

quote:

You need to get the cursor out of the Toolpath Manager pane; click either in the graphics area or on the BackPlot VCR bar.

This doesn't seem right, or consistant with other functions. If I select backplot, then that funtion should be active and the ops manager should be greyed out. Instead, it makes the backplot settings active and I have to "inactivate" (grey out) the function by clicking in the graphics window just to get it to perform the function that I wanted in the first place by clicking the backplot button. banghead.gif

Maybe that's how it's supposed to work, but I don't like it.

Thad