Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How It Works In X

Charles Davis

Ok, It's not working

But, if I only change the tolerance to 1 and pick the spline, it will break up into hundreds of pcs.

If I change the tolerance to 1 and pick the spline and # to 2

I get zero line length

Tazzer and Charles, Nothing I try is working.

"Oop" and Mark

Back to 9

Thanks again for your help

stevieboy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stevieboy,

Charles' reply says it best:

quote:

Edit, Trim/Break.

Turn on both "Trim to Point" AND "Break".

Click on entity, move mouse to Midpoint of entity, left click

Check out the image below. The Midpoint selection is just above the Trim/Break ribbon bar. "Patience, Grasshopper". Try it again when you have the time. HTH cheers.gifbgu5px.jpg

quote:

analyze(click on a note)/edit text?

Yes, Mark. You are correct. Let me know if you have any more questions you need answering.

biggrin.gif Kidding... Thanks, Mark, that did the trick! cool.gif

I just brought in the first file from MC9 - files full of dimensions, drafting notes, etc. I couldn't find it anywhere in Drafting options, but I see I was looking in the wrong place!

ok, I can do it that way in V9 also. But I can also edit drafting notes without using analyse - doing it directly within the Drafting features. Is there a way to do that in X or was it eliminated? In other words, can I edit a drafting note text a different way than what Mark described? Like I could in V9?

That works Peter. Thanks. But when I do that the text position changes, too. I'm trying to edit the text without moving it, like you could in V9.

Also, I'm having trouble with the undo function. I can't undo the change, gotta exit the file without saving it. I must be doing something wrong. The file was an MC9 before I opened it in X.

quote:

But when I do that the text position changes, too. I'm trying to edit the text without moving it, like you could in V9.

It works fine here, position stays the same.

quote:

Also, I'm having trouble with the undo function

Dan, are you using Esc button again biggrin.gif

Mark

The text stays where its at using analyze, but not when using the Smart Dimension as Peter told me.

ESP button? Nope, didn't touch the sucker!! biggrin.gif

Just a matter of finding out how it works and what works best in X. Thanks for the good tips everyone. I'll have a few good days of only X [unless a rush job comes at me - then it's V9 time, at least when machining. But that won't last long!!]

R.O.Y._23,

I created a drafting Note on my screen, then went into Smart Dimension. In the ribbon bar, a load of buttons show up. One of the buttons says "ABC" and it is clickable. If I press that first (or hit T on the keyboard which is the shortcut for editing Text), I can then click on the note without moving it and edit the text.

The same applies to editing text on dimensions.

Like in V9, you have to remember to switch it off again before you select another dimension/note, unless you want to edit that text too.

This is "How It Works In X" biggrin.gif

But I will agree that Undo doesn't seem to work once I had moved a Note in Smart Dimension. Although Undo does take back any edits I made to the text itself.

Tony,

quote:

I have that done but it doesnt come through on

start up

You nearly answered your own question! Try this:

Settings/configuration/start_exit/ and switch on the check box for "Default Machine". Then you can choose your machine from the list.

-------------

El Scotthead,

Sorry, it's not possible to add the green check mark to your menu at the moment. Hopefully CNC will get that sorted out!

-------------

Russell,

Create, Curve, All Edges. Now on the General Selection ribbon bar (with the All and Only buttons) you will see a cube with a checkmark on it. You have to press that to tell the system that you are working with solids. Then you have some more buttons - one to tell it you only want to pick induvidual faces, or another to select the whole solid.

-------------

SBA,

You will have to turn them off temporarily in Settings/configuration/screen/. Switch off "Display viewport XYZ axes".

-------------

Must go, I'm supposed to be working! biggrin.gif