Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How It Works In X

Charles Davis

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well understanding that I have NOT used enough time with X, but I start feeling a slight frustration.

V8:

C-Plane Front => "X" => "R" => "W" => click => click => "D" => "E" => click (We are now ready to input value for our rotation "Copy" "-90 Deg")

(Now I want to move my result Y+5.0 in Top Plane)

C-Plane Top => "Esc." => "T" => "R" => "D" => "R" => "Y5.0" => "OK"-------------Done

VX:

G-view => Front => XForm Rotate => click => click => End selection (We are now ready to input value for our rotation "Copy" "-90 Deg") Define Center => Endpoint => click => apply

(Now I want to move my result Y+5.0 in Top Plane)

G-view => Top => XForm Translate => All => XForm Result => End Selection => (Delta Y) "5.0" => Apply--------------Done

I am counting 8 sore mouse clicks with V8 and 17 free hand hitting (not sore). Total 25

I am counting 21 sore mouse clicks with VX and 3 free hand hitting (not sore). Total 24

I am not trying to put X down, actually I am trying to stay positive, hoping someone can stear me in a better direction for using these functions in X.

Lars,

before we start remember nobody were born with MC8 keyboard function implanted in their head. we had 2 learn that, too.

OK, i'm no expert in X, here goes:

if you had the C-planes toolbar and customized it so that it has all the c-planes views (just like V8), you can save another 2 sore mouse clicks.

which makes it 19 'sore' mouse clicks, totalling to 22......

is it really necessary to specify the autocusor to endpoint rather than directly choose with current settings?

another point to consider b4 doing the comparison is the intent. what r u trying 2 achieve. must we follow the same way as we did it in V8?

for me, I type very slow, so i keep my frequently used functions in my right click menu. second choice toolbars. and my last choice is the key map.

I'm sure some body in the forum is going come up with a faster way of doing this in X.

Yogesh,

1st. I want to make it clear that I have no intent to trash Version X, and hope that none of my replyes are coming across that way. I would love to pressent my boss with good reason to buy X, but I also know that I have to justify the cost, for a small company to buy this.

I have no problem changing my approch to program if that gives a satifaction result for Version X.

The reason for my previus post, was actually that I was hoping someone maybe had a hint, if any, to get closer to get into Version X approch to programing/construction.

I understand that if you want to create a line in any CAD system, you have to tell the program that you want to create a line and startpoint and endpoint, you will never get away with anything less.

Lars

Sorry, Lars , I misunderstood what u said redface.gif ....

I though from here:

quote:

"D" => "E" => click

and here:

quote:

Define Center => Endpoint => click =>

That you specify the type of 'snap-settings'(e.g. endpoint) before you click at the location.

I leave it as it is in V9 and also VX, hover to the area and let MC indicate what types of locations and relating to what geometry that are available for me to pick on. In V9, a box pops out and the geometry highlights. In VX, an addtional icon pops out at the cursor showing the type of snap. i'm sure u know this.

I only pick 'E' when there are too complicated geometries and MC can't guess what I want.

One more thing, there is a question of intent. u may be using MC 2 create production drawing, and/or to create toolpath (of course). The question is it really necessary draw the same complicated geometries used in V8 to get the toolpath that you want in X? the forum members can definitely make good suggesstions on how to go about in X if could make the question a little more open.......

i'm very new MC and have english is not very good, so please correct me if misunderstood..... smile.gif

Can't wait to hear your response!

If you import it as a pattern X will turn into a group. In doing that you can use the all function and click Group pick your pattern (which will be the filename you brought in) and translate it.

RMB (right mouse button) was covered in a different thread... I put the snap feature on my RMB so I can right click and snap to and from points quickly.

You can use XFORM translate to move it in 3d. It's not necessary to use translate 3d function unless you are using views.

You can either hightlight your geometry before hand(pre-select) or after clicking translate

XFORM>Translate> click the green accept button>

on the translate dialog box click the +1 button, this is the from point>click your point to translate from> next you click where you want to translate it to> then the drawing should update,>click the accept button

HTH

Skir

headscratch.gif

Excuse the dumb question but are you looking at it in an isometric view?

Can you describe how you are translating it and having this problem?

[ 10-01-2005, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: jmparis ]