Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How It Works In X

Charles Davis

Russell

If your posts are updated V9 or earlier posts, then the majority of your control still happens in the .pst file.

At least that's how I understand it so far.

Short answer on the different machine def for each different machine is yes. If your requirements are different for each machine then a seperate machine def seems to be the way to do this.

changing your G84 to G84.1 will have to be done in the .pst file.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the following message when I try to delete a view. Once again, I would show a screenshot, but I don't know how to get one in here. Can anyone help with that?..Am I the only one here?..Am I posting the wrong questions?..I'm starting to get a complex here..Please advise..

Deleting this view is not allowed.

View used in toolpath operation(s)

banghead.gif

quote:

My insert arrow keeps moving around. Can it be stopped?

Not really.

Depending on what you are doing, the system needs to move the Insert Arrow.

Examples:

You have 2 Machine Groups, and the Insert Arrow is currently in the 2nd one. If you select an operation in the 1st machine Group and Backplot it, the Insert Arrow will be placed in that Machine Group (which is now the active group).

Two Machine Groups again, Insert Arrow is in the 2nd Group. Click on a parameter branch of an operation in the 1st Group and the Insert Arrow will automatically move into that Machine Group and be placed immeadiatley after the operation you are editing.

ctrl+c and ctrl+v don't work no matter what I select..I have to r.click cut, r.click paste..

I just want the arrow to stay at the bottom, and if I need to move it, I can move it at will..

what about deleting view in the view manager?...I can send you the file if you would like?

Can you tell me how to paste a screen capture into the forum?

quote:

I just want the arrow to stay at the bottom, and if I need to move it, I can move it at will..

I hope CNC doesn't think I'm stabbing them in the back seeing as I work for a dealer, but.... +1000

In my training courses, I see people being caught out a lot by this insert arrow, including me. I think it should stay at the bottom of the active machine group. If you edit a different machine, or an operation in a different machine group, then it should jump to the bottom of that group.

Why, just because you edited an operation would you want the next op to appear directly beneath it? It's something that you should really have to worry about if all you are doing is creating toolpaths. It adds some frustration to the mix biggrin.gif

I am having problems to use the engraving.

But to stick to a file with engraving that was done in the mastercam 9.1 and to turn in the mastercam x is perfect.

But if I create a new file with engraving in the mastercam x it doesn't work how it would owe.

I can help myself to solve that problem.

banghead.gif

Don S,

If you go File, Open, and go down the File Types list, you will see options for V4 *.Model/Exp files and V5 *.Catpart/Catproduct. But......

The Catia translators from CNC have be installed seperately to your Mcam X installation. You will have to contact your dealer for a CD I believe (as I can't find a public place to download them from on the CNC website)

Wire is still a couple of months away I think.

I know I'm going blind, but I can't find how to pick a "result" group of entities. Say I window a bunch of entities and xform translate them, then want to rotate. How do you pick the "result"? Got to be one of those "if it was a snake it would of bit me" type deals