Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Already Running...?

You know I've had that happen 3X's this morning alone.

No crashes, I have shut X down. On the next restart I get "X is already running" I have to go into the task manager and shut it down manually.

Is this happening across the board to alot of others also?

quote:

With 4 of us sharing 2 seats of MC, that message always pops up. It's not uncommon to have 3+ sessions open per seat.

Maybe it's happened here and I didn't realize it.

Thad

Im with you Thad,, Im a one man show running 2 if not 3 machines majority of the time so I always have at least 2 if not 3 seats on MC running..

quote:

Is it a NetHasp only issue?

Nope, I'm running a USB hasp

quote:

Are all of you non-beta testers running SP1 Update 3?

I am not a beta tester, I'm running SP1 patch 3

This has been happening that I have noticed since at least SP1.

With mine I do not even have to crash MCX, as I stated above I shut X down normally and on 3 seperate occasions the other day it did not shut down properly. When I restarted MCX I got the message like I was running another session, which I was not and had to go into the task manager to stop the process.

There has been no apparent rhyme or reason to it that I have been able to ascertain.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Since X has been released, I can count on 1 hand with fingers to spare how many times it has crashed. It's just that the "mastercam.exe" process fails to stop or end.