Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Design LT Ver X

John King

Pete,

Our shop supervisor was just about ready to order Design LT for our Inspection room. Shading surfaces is very important for visualizing complex models. If we buy it now will we receive the corrected update when it is released? Will there even be updates available for Design LT? Will the next version be after X2 is released? Are there any other known problems we should know about?

From Mastercam’s web site:

quote:

When compared with the competition, Mastercam X Design LT offers a high level of functionality coupled with incredible value. We do not offer a subscription or maintenance program with this product nor is there a reduced price to update to a newer version.

Pete,

Full blown Design with Solids is very reasonably priced and you can put it on maintenance.

That would give Inspection the same fuctionality as Engineering.

I think Design LT is kind of like Demo.. the

forgotten step children frown.gif

Gcode,

I was told that Design LT was to have the same functionality as draft was in previous versions. Some of us can not afford to buy seats of Mastercam X and do all of our work in draft, then post code in Mastercam X using the Hasp.

PS: We only have one Hasp which the engineering dept. shares.

Regards,

John

FYI,

Email from CNC Software Corporate Sales:

quote:

Design LT does not shade surfaces or solids. Do to the pricing structure of Design LT there are no updates for this product. We are still discussing internally at CNC Software when the next version of Design LT will be released. A demo cd is included with Design LT and surfaces and solids can be shaded using this demo cd.

FYI,

Second email from CNC Software:

quote:

I just wanted to send you an update on Design LT. The shading of surfaces and solids will be fixed shortly after Mastercam X MR2 is released and new CD’s will be sent to any existing customers that bought Design LT. Off the record I would expect this to be done by the end of May.

Kind regards,

Gene D. Welti

Corporate Sales

CNC Software, Inc.

I am ordering my copy today!

• 2 months later...

I just installed the copy of Design LT MR2 we received last week. Looking through the ReadMe file, it says that the Introducing Mastercam X video and the Design LT Reference Guide are part of the documentation.

I can not find these two files in my install. Did Mastercam run out of room on the CD? I know that I can get by with out these files, but the customer that only has Design LT will really miss them.