Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks 2007 translator

MIL-TFP-41

quote:

I had engineering make a file from scatch in SW 2007

and it came in just fine as .sldprt in X-MR2....

To clarify, If you have Solidworks 2007 installed

on the same computer as Mastercam X, the .sldprt files will open fine....

If the software is on different computers it will give you that error.....

Can't wait for X2!!!

Pete,

First I opened SLDPRT file in edrawings just for a quick look, then later opened up in MC for a closer look and model looked like it was not finished, like it got stuck in the Solidworks history tree and created model at that point. Simply checked surfaces and it was all there. So glad I previewed before in edrawings, otherwise I would have started quoting a incomplete model.

I have had problems with MCDirect losing features of a solid. I was told by my reseller that it was a problem they have seen with MCDirect, they said it could be because I was running Solidworks 2005. I installed 2007 the other day and retried importing a solid with MCDirect- still losing features.

JNO,

There are some feature types that we still have issues with. We've made some improvements for the upcoming X2, but there's a lot in SolidWorks that we haven't been able to keep up with.

I'd be happy to look at a couple problematic SLDPRTs for you ([email protected]) - perhaps we can make some more improvements.