Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS needs to stay off

stickgc

We use ver 9 and X together. It seems to work best in our shop for what we do. We are having a problem when we take a file from ver 9 to X. We have WCS turned off in the file on 9 but then when we open it up with X it magically turns on.

When we save the file back out as ver 9 wcs stays on.

What are we missing?

thanks

g.c.

Probably did not make myself clear. another/further explanation.

we start with v9 file with it turned off, we then take the file into X use nesting on the file. Take each separate sheet created and save it out using X. Once everything is done we then take each sheet in under X and save as a v9 file. So we can toolpath etc. (not ready to try x for toolpathing yet). This is when the WCS comes on, does not do it all the time but enough to be a pain. WCS causes us problems with other things in 9. We would love to get away from always trying to remember to check if wcs is on or off in 9 after we have had the file in X.

Thanks

GC

quote:

This is when the WCS comes on

This is the part that we don't understand. Explain what you mean by WCS being on or off. It's not an on or off type feature. It's always there, but you may not use it every time. That's why I asked before if you were referring to the crosshairs on the screen marking your different origins.

Thad

quote:

not ready to try x for toolpathing yet

confused.gif

I went through the same feeling when I switched from 9 to X... It lasted about 2 days! tongue.gif

Seriously, switching to X was a great move. Now you just have to cut the cord from 9 and all those little issues will go away. Once you start using X toolpaths you'll never look back. biggrin.gif

I spent 2 days going back and forth between 9 and X, I finally said the hell with it and forced myself to use X exclusively. After 3 days of really getting used to where the icons are and what they do I could create a program without too much pain. There are still many things that I don't use because I don't know what they do.......when I was young I used to get my hand slapped a lot so not touching is just a carry over from childhood....lol