Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 dilemma again

Elad

We are still running v9.1

We know we should update but when it comes to decide, i prefer my the convenience of working in a version that we already know very good and we work fast and efficient, instead of start learning a new version, and because of that - work slower for some time.

Our programers very busy and it's never a good time to update...

Any magical solution? headscratch.gif

Maybe you or one of your programmers could start using X for a while then help teach the rest. Always faster if you have someone with some experience to teach the others. Also take a class if available.

You will like X, takes a little effort and patience at the start.

Lots of people here to answer your questions....

HTH

cheers.gif

quote:

Our programers very busy and it's never a good time to update...

Elad,

There IS the problem.

Everybody's programmers are busy. Management must make the commitment to move forward. I assume this is you.

When I made the jump from V9 to X it was both feet and no looking back. I had to keep a shop going as a solo programmer, somehow, at times I am not sure how but I managed.

Take one of your 'grammers and place him on X, give him a month or so, if he is a good "software" guy he'll catch on, then move the next one and so on.

There are no freebies. It takes commitment and resolution from above for it to work.

IMHO the hardest thing is the machine and control definition, and post with MPMaster (to really do it right). After that I just used the cheat sheet V92X Functions included in documention. Then I setup 3 other PCs and help the users. I started playing with MCX MR2 last spring. The boss is the last to use it and he is just now getting into MCX2. He got out of having to learn MCX which is good I think because they brought back some MC9 features that were removed from MCX.

[ 02-18-2007, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: bogusmill ]

I am one of programmers . smile.gif

Saying that ,I want to add that I am very fast with ver 9 and I really do not see lot`s of useful features in X2 ,that would justify my efforts .

While Being the beta tester of X , I raised ? of inrerface and speed of work .

On MHO ,it loose the race against ver 9 in design work

It may be exra fast in repeative tasks ,but I can challenge everyone of you in your custome X2 against me in my custome ver9 .

I am sure I would be faster at least 30-50 % .

And you know why .

I am old -timer and like to work with custom geometries when I really nead it .

That`s why I brake tools rarely .

When someone works with hog mill dia 10 and 120 mm height or dia 2 35 mm height in 5 axes you need to be creative

hide.jpg?t=1171866029

in ver9 it is an easy task

In verX2 it is ... come on ,you know yourself

Too much windows ,clicks all over the screen ,parameters here and there .

It drives me crasy .

[ 02-19-2007, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Iskander teh Owl ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

... I can challenge everyone of you in your custome X2 against me in my custome ver9...

Iskander layin' the smack down. biggrin.giftongue.gif

How would we be able to judge such a contest? Perhaps a database dump? I'd be down for it because I KNOW X2 is faster than 9 when driven properly. It's kind of like an F40 going against a Mondial (X2 being the F40 wink.gif )

So, would we import a model and go or would this be froma print and go?

For me X2 is faster than 9

I think the problem here is that some companies afraid of change.

I know companies that they had paid for x and X2 but never used it yet, they still working at 9.

And this problem not with Mastercam only, its also with cimatron too.

When I make the changed to X, it took me 1 week, yes it was bad week, but that’s all.

and also to make the change now to X2 is easier from making it to X3 or X4

I USE X2 MOSTLY FOR CONVERTING

What I like in X2 is mostly in NC :

New toolpathes

More tools able to make undercuts

negative surface offset full support

To James

: I want you to make CLEE in ver 9 (create->line->endpoints->endpoint )

And just try same fast to do it in ver X2

Take note to ammount of clicks .

I can go on and on ....

I will fully migrate to X when I at least

would not loose speed

I am with James much faster.

Alex I was along with allot of others here really fast in V9 and I was wondering my self.

Now as a full time VX user and YA I have to know it to support it to. wink.gif

I thought there is no way I will get even close to my V9 speed.Boy was I wrong.

I have all ready taken on the design race with the V9 power user. I do use the key board allot my self MCX2 has it to.

Alex come over to this side the pasters are real nice, I will keep a cold cheers.gif for you.

I am also one of the guys that needed to step up to X from 9.1. I had been using the old interface for years and I thought I was pretty fast. I installed X and just cried like a little girl for about a month. But I was committed to the fact that Mastercam was the right choice for my shop and we WERE going there...

I went to school and I sent two of my guys as well. Now, we're moving along pretty smoothly.

If I were to be forces to go back to V9, I'd be scratching my head and whineing about features that I use every day that were not available in earlier versions. Heck, I haven't had TIME to really set up MCX2. I'm basically using it as it came out of the box. Mayby if business slows down I can configure it... bonk.gif

I know, I know. Get it done. Well that's on my to do list for the week.

But my point is, I ain't goin back. The effort is worth it.

I don't know, in this day and age. Being an, " old schooler". Kicking and screaming all the way into VX. It's not just the speed, (come on now we get paid by the hour). But being able to seamlessly move from Soildworks to Mastercam is the greatest asset that I have seen for me so far. Sometimes when I'm lazy I just draw the wireframe in MC and copy-paste it into Solidworks or vise versa. It's great. And that's just one example. Technology moves on and we have to, or get left behind. Same company for 30 years same job same people, shoot me now.

Henri