Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 SP1 didn't fix.....

DavidSV

I was happy to see that X2 SP1 finally came out, but then disappointed to see that it didn't fix the few things that I wanted to see fixed.

Math still doesn't work in all fields. If I want an RPM for example, I can't type in 3.82*450/.5 to get the RPM.

John

I hope they adress some issues in lathe like

Why arn't any of the lathe X posts setup to use stock advance? At least some kind of generic start point in the post would help. Are all the misc ops that way also? I have a Daewoo lathe post from version 9 updated to X2 and am trying to add this in. Also mplmaster lathe post isn't setup either.

And

The canned rough and finish cycles don't always work many crashes at the machine if you use them both together. Canned finish should start at the same location, the retracts don't always clear the part.

And

The tool librarys havn't changed Iscar Kennametal and so on have so many new tools, grooving, undercutting, Komet insert type drills and so on.

It seems lathe hasn't changed much since version 8

+1000000 Don,

I also wish CNC would spend some time with lathe

Specifically I would like insert changes in rough cycles (turning and grooving).

Maybe there could be a max material removal parameter and if the next cut went over, M/C would automatically put a move to either home or some clear pos. to change the insert.

It seems M/C is made for shops that turn aluminum

some of us work with Inconel, Hastelloy, Haynes 188, materials with 10% or less machinability.

quote:

The tool librarys havn't changed Iscar Kennametal and so on have so many new tools, grooving, undercutting, Komet insert type drills and so on.

Have you checked out the tool catalogues? The Kennametal and Sandvik insert and holder catalogues were updated substantially with the release of X. The tool libraries weren't updated as there are almost infinite combinations of inserts and holders that can make up lathe tools.

I noticed that SP1 didn't fix a problem I hsve struck, thst being that when I try to shade a large/solid model, it has the status bar at the bottom with "processing", but nothing happens. It eventually locks up Version X2 to a point where I have to terminate the process in Task Manager.

It worked fine in X MR2 frown.gif

quote:

The tool libraries weren't updated as there are almost infinite combinations of inserts and holders that can make up lathe tools.

Yes this is true, but some of the more common ones need to be added, ID OD undercutting at an angle 45 30 60 degree, Insert drills, Knurling has been around for years not in MC. Also can MC do various types of canned threading infeeds like alternating flank and modified flank,most machines this is a P#? Also why does threading tak so long to verify?

There are an infinte combinations of end mills and MC is always adding knew styles, It seems like the lathe end is what it is and thats that.

The canned rough and finish issues have been around for years.

And all the misc ops are great if we had some skeleton code at least one post so we could setup are updated post to use this.

Thanks not complaining just asking for a little more attention to the lathe side.

I'm using an Nvidia Go G-Force FX video card on a Toshiba M40 notebook. It has 128mb of video ram, and 1gb of RAM. Pentium Centrino 1.8Ghz.

The file in XMR2 opens, and shades fine, within a few seconds. With X2 it locks up, even on smaller files.

We have one other person in our office suffering the same problem, and no amount of graphics troubleshooting seems to be able to fix it.

I also have the beta of X2 MR1, and it suffers the same problem frown.gif

Monty, I would dend to heavily disagree with you on this front. I hate the lathe stock update feature. Especially since if you turn it off, and make a change it doesn't regen that feature.

The reason I don't much like it is because I do a lot of deep face or OD grooves. Usually I peck them and take various DOC's. This takes a huge amount of time to regen normally. (I am talking OD grooves that are 6" + deep)... I find this very annoying.

Also the fact that if you go back and change one thing that has no relation on future TP's, it needs to regen them all. Too time consuming from where I stand.

But I will agree that the Lathe seems to have been washed over and needs a little more attention in the future. For what I do, the Mill seems just great!

Pete, I never got a reply from QC. After I had sent an email about it.

I also asked Mike Rosa about it, in a message I sent him regarding something else.

Ken, I'll put it up on the FTP later this week (I wont be able to upload it until then)