Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Which tool would you use?

New Job

I have choice between 3/4 inserted cutter and 1-1/4 inserted cutter. Will be using a helix cycle to create 1-1/2" diam c'bore. Boss wants me to use 1-1/4 and I would rather use 3/4. Hole will be drilled for 1-1/16 body drill before(sic) cutting c'bore.

Which tool would you use?

negotiate????

If I am programming I do it MY way

If it doesn't work fine yell at me and if it does leave me the heck alone and let me do what I KNOW how to do.

I don't get yelled at to often wink.gif

Well I would think it would depend on how deep you are going. If you are going 6" deep take the 1-1/4 anyday of the week if only going 2" deep the 3/4. All point above are good ones but if you got to hang it out there you lose all the above points mentioned if tool length gets greater than 5X IMHO. Then I would use the 1-1/4 and do a helix still just decrease the angle and all should still be good from there.

Hardmill:

I'll use yours as plan B

John:

I have a very anal and intrusive boss in a very small shop located in a region where jobs like mine are few and far between. If he tells me to mill slots in the VMC table, then thats what I will do. I learned early on in my employment here that as long as I do what I am told then my a%% is covered and I can f^^k up all I want. See previous condition of doing it the way I was told to do it.

Just the way it is.

I am looking for employment that offers relocation benefits. Hint Hint.

quote:

I have a very anal and intrusive boss in a very small shop

Oh, that wouldn't work well for me, AT ALL.

I can be a "bit" of a problem when I get people, including the boss, butting in, you pay me to do a job let me do it.

But I know what you mean about little in the way of "options" in the mean time.

Sometimes you have to eat the sh*t sandwich, you don't have to like it but you have to eat it.

quote:

Unfortunately sometimes its better to do it the bosses way even if it takes more time and money

I can't agree Doug, how is it ever better to do wrong and cost the company time and money. Part of a programmers job is to SAVE time and money.

Maybe it's me and my issues with authority wink.gif

I just don't get tied to a job. There's pretty much one down the street just like it and if that don't work there's another one after that.

Because of what this day is though, I will make one comment.

I moved my tool boxes to my new job today.

You know when I had only a tool chest and base it was soooo easy. One time I literally at 4:45 yelled to the boss as he stuck his head out of the office door, "HEY Sam, I'm done at 5:00" he waved and nodded, at 5 when I snapped up my tool box and left his jaw dropped.

Today, with the roll around and all the tools, man I am getting to hate moving that thing.