Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2MR1 lag?

spade117

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spade

10 meg

A suggestion for people experiencing lag troubles.

Check System Congig/Files and make sure the Chook

path is pointing to the MR1 chooks folder.

I used the migration feature and the paths in the

config file were not updated so MR1 was looking

in the X2 folder for chook and apps files.

If Mr1 is using X2 apps files, this could cause all kinds of trouble.

quote:

The default install sets it at "Unlimited" and I think the Undo buffer just keeps soaking up

memory till there is none left

How come if it is set to unlimited, Windows does not show a memory usage?

Seems like if a buffer of any kind was getting full, Windows would keep up with it and report it.

Does MC set a certain size buffer allocation for undo no matter what setting and then head over to the disk when that buffer is full headscratch.gif that might explain the slowdowns...

I do notice the Windows memory usage steadily ticking away when there are no programs at all running.

Just a constant tic tic tic....

Although I have not booted fresh and noted the start number and noted it again at the end of the day. People with barley enough RAM to squeak by may be in trouble...

Since I have tons of spare memory and don't have proggys running that use alot of it, mayhaps It IS a Windows thing headscratch.gif

Cause it appears it does take 10 times the grafix to run solids vs surfs....

I am using Intellipoint and am using the microsoft drivers....never had a mouse lag ever....

Only lag is in ops for me....

Has anyone thought to look at the size of thier virtual memory (pagefile) settings to see if there is a similar small size for those with lots of lag.

Something I find strange, I have an Nvidia FX 5900 AGP card running 2 21" CRT's at home and MCX2 runs great there. At work I have a Quadro FX3450 and video isn't quite as good there. In fact I seem to notice very few people complaining about video problems with a gaming video card.

I have very little noticeable lag.

Board-intel-D945GNTLR-LGA775 Socket

Ram- corsair 4 gig DDR2 667MHZ

Vid-ASUS-nvidia EN6600 512 meg DDR2 128 bit pci

express

cpu 3.2 duo core

my settings are:

initial size 4975

MAx size 9999

adjust for best performance

i use windows classic folders

folders are all set to details(no thumb nails)

Start menu properties set at clasic start menu

No screen saver no backround pics

Themes windows XP modified

Rick

So Rick you must be running Win XP x64 since max on x32 is 4096 (4Gig) of virtual memory. I was wondering if the x64 machines were having slow downs too.

I have both 32 & 64 bit Windoze. I have video driver issues on the x64 side but I havent noticed any slowdowns with x32. I have my x32 bit pagefile set to min. and max. of 3076 (3 Gig) so I never have wait on the hard drive to clear space if I go over the minumum. I have my pagefile on the 3rd hard drive as is the MCX2 temp file so MC and Win XP can work independantly of their own pagefile/temp HD movement.

I don,t think I am running x64. how do you know?

I am not familiar with it.

I get a new PC every 2 years and I set the inital

to the highest number that it will take.

I don,t know why the Max is 9999.

I am at home and my home wont go past 4096

I will call my pc store see if they know

i can access my pc at work from here

I am gonna try to put the initial up to 9999

and see what happens

Rick

hey Bogusmil,

I did not try to change the initial pf on my pc

at work from home, it wants me to reboot and I don,t know if remote desktop lets you do that.

But here is something interesting maybe

perform.jpg

see the space available, it is over 100,000 mb

(160 gig seagate c:)

My pc at home is only 14,000 ish

(30 gig raptor c:)

Weird??

Monday I will try to set the intial to 9000

see if it takes.

rick

Rickster, that is very strange if your not running Win XP x64. That first window "System Properties" general tab, will tell what OS, CPU, memory amount that's installed.

Is that E: drive a partition or an actual 2nd hard drive? No matter which OS it is, you should move that pagefile to E drive if it is really a 2nd HD. What ever size you decide to make the pagefile, make the min. and max. the same. If you don't when your needs surpass the min. your in for a nice wait while Windoze moves data to make room. And don't let your IT guys put a little pagefile on C: too. I've read lots about this and our IT guy didn't listen to me and put 512K on C: as well as 3 Gig's on E:. MC crashed constantly probably because MC was only allowed to use the first pagefile. I got an IT manager to remove the little one and crashing stopped.

Bogus,

It is just Xp Pro, memory, 4gigs installed

but windows XP can only use 3gig max.

C: drive/no partitions 160 gig

E: drive is 250 gig but it only has

200 gig's of music on it. I installed that acouple

months ago to keep space on my c: drive open

(Got All my music on it now) wink.gif

We have no in house IT guy , things are locked

down to a degree on our server but we all are admins, on our

own PC's. Our It guys only comes in at our request

usually to fix server problems.

I Got this Pc from our PC store and they only

put op system on to test it. I got it raw and

formatted and installed what i need and

set it up how I like and thats it.

Glen Bowman cam in to set up and install MCX2

in Nov 06 it crashed like crazy and we updated

the vid drivers and it has worked great since.

next time my IT guys is in I will ask him how

I got the max to 9999.

Cheers

Rick

Just started playing around with X2MR1 this morning. Seems like the lag issues are very similiar with what I've been going thru with V9 all this time. I posted about and did get a few e-mails from others saying they were having the same problem, but it basically fell on deaf ears in here. I tried everything, but V9 still lagged. When I first installed MCX, V9 started lagging immediately after that. Yet, that was told to me to be coincedence and that it was a hardware issue. I changed PC's to a new powerful one with NVIDIA driver and plenty of RAM, etc. Still lagging. Perhaps there is a relation to this and QC might want to investigate. Who knows? But again, MCV9.1MR0105 lagged and continues to lag ever since I installed the very first version of MCX. Complete uninstall/installs didn't work. Changing numerous PC settings (hardware accl, eye candy disabled and on and on) and no change. New PC. still no change.

MCX on my PC lags also. Perhaps a dll conflict between the two versions could be something to it?

Just out of curiosity, check your computers for glu32.dll and opengl32.dll

If you find versions in your Mastercam or Root directories, DON'T delete them, but rename them to glu32.old and opengl32.old.

I have made a habit of doing this on my computers, as well as my customers, so that only the ones installed by the OS, or the graphics card manufacturers are the drivers that are used. The ones installed by Mastercam are very old, and outdated.

IF it doesn't make any difference, rename them back. (I don't remember the original issue, but I think there was some delay, or other graphics issue that pointed to these in the past).

I have copies of both files but neither one is in either the root directory or the MCX directory, I take Root directory to mean C:

they are in

386 and windowssystem32 and servicepackfilesi386