Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS

mikechvz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve great Video. Question for you why did you 3d translate the model to the different view? Also when doing solid Selection just like any if you grab the wrong one the Red circle with cross will take care of it for you. Also your WCS needs to be set to front on your example to get the what I think is the correct use of the WCS. Now if the person is doing a 4th axis part then the WCS to top and the C-plane and T-plane to front would be correct, but if they want to use that to work and program from then then the WCS needs to be front on your 2nd operation and the T-planes and C-planes need to also be front then it will collapse down like if you are in standard top view when you have the Front WCS called up. If I am off sorry, but I am seeing in different that your Video again great job just think you might be a little off is all.

Sorry Guys the 3-d translate is a way to show him how to first established a view because the part was on a compound angle and he was asking how to move the part from that face to 0,0,0. and square it to the right side view. This is one way I show how to use this. I'm sure there are other ways but this was the quickest I could come up with for the time I had to do the video. as far as the position I believe he had a rotary axis and was rotating about the X. the sequence may be off as far as machining because I was really showing views in wcs and how to set them up. I use this feature everyday on very complex stuff and I do a lot of training with it as well and as all of you know there is always probably many different ways to do this. Thanks for the input because it gives me a greater perspective on how people are using this and what to show.

Regards,

Steve

[email protected]

www.cad2cam.net

The only reason I could think of for moving the part rather than creating a new WCS is that the clearance plane in the new 5axis toolpaths are relative to the global coordinate. Also I found that the angled head clearance definition worked the same way. Haven't used MC since feb so maybe things have changed.

Bruce

Jay,

Great video, I believe that will go a long way to helping people not only gain an understanding of the WCS but also how it can be used to help them.

You Might want to consider using a different codec to shrink your file size some, it is a BIG download.

Overall great effort and result.