Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 Maintenance Release 2

Chris Bell  CNC Software

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X2 MR2 crashes when clicking in the Operations Manager. I have a dual monitor set up. I usually have the text editor in the left monitor with X2 MR2 on the right monitor but the Op Manager is always on the right side of the left monitor wether docked or undocked. If you just click into it to activate it, it will crash at random times. The error report window pops up but that crashes when you click send. Useless.

quote:

I do like some of the new features, but I don't understand this insane rush to add more and more features when mastecam can't produce a product with minimal bugs. In my opinion X MR2 was the best release and I'm still kicking myself for moving up to X2 when I lost how smooth_running that version was. How about just one maintenance release that would focus on killing the majority of the bugs that are infesting mastercam?

quote:

I also had good luck with X MR2. Does anyone know if there were any major problems to look out for with X MR2? Mainly, will it gouge my parts?

Thanks for the input.

I have loaded X2MR2 and it seems to be very slow. I'm going to do a re-install. Can I drag & drop my post and machine and control def from MR1 into MR2 or do I have to move them thru import files? Also, what is meant by cleaning the registry? And how do you do this?

Thanks

Rob

• 1 month later...

Ay Carumba! I know what you mean. After installing X2 MR2, I have 3 new bugs (confirmed by CNC Software), still one old bug (confirmed by CNC Software) and only one useful new feature, so far. I was better off with MR1. I totally agree with grantman! Make the next MR only for fixing the bugs!

As for speed, I do notice that backplot is way slower, or is it just my imagination?

The colored calculating fields also. Not a biggie but nice (you know you can't do any calculating if it's not colored). The Interrupt mode is useful too. Allot of new and useful functions in Art, for instance the new options in the (Art shading Settings) You can make your model shining, like solid gold and crop it to...Nice. biggrin.gif I like it.. I thought MR2 was a nice step up.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

V3 to V4 to V5 to V6 back to V5 to V6 again to V7 to V8 to V9 to V8 to V9 again to X to V9 again back to X to X2 and NO GOIN' BACK! PERIOD!

Currently don't even have anything but X2 MR2 installed. Not gonna either... not worth the pain or the HDD space! biggrin.gif

As a beta tester I'll keep the most recent Beta, and the latest Production Release but that's it. I THROUGH going backwards. biggrin.gif