Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dog-leg rapids

Leigh @ Kodiak

Stupid Hass and their dog-leg rapids! curse.gif

As far as I know, there is no way to change rapids to be linear, (in the control) so correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

Now, I know I can change my post so that all rapids are posted as fast feed rates, but we want to be able to maintain rapid override control. Is there any way to post a complete program with normal rapids, but have one operation with fast feeds posted instead?

Hi everyone!

I think that we changed the focus of the conversation, don´t you think? Please, don´t take it as offense (is not my intention at all), but RacerX needs to find out which parameter is gonna change his Hass behavior. I personally don´t think that changing strategies it is the best way to go. A strategy parameter is a very easy thing to forget.

Maybe eMastercam is not the best place to find out which parameter will save his a$$ though.

JM2C

I don't know if you are doing a simple contour toolpath, a pocket, or a surface driven toolpath, so This may not be of any use. If you chain a point, you can turn on use entry point/use exit point, and/or you can also adjust the entry/exit feedrate to a high value. This might allow you to avoid the crash.

One trick to take into consideration.

If you set the Z axis part zero on the Top of your part, then it's became obvious, all rapid moves when Z axis is negative, could be control by your post at fast feed rate of the machine, with G01 moves (straight lines), all moves over Z axis (positive) can be output as G00 Rapid.

This is a safe methode to skip the dog legs moves.

Yea, I guess it looks like I'm more or less stuck with it for now. I too called up the folks at Hass, and the guy says to me "...yeah, I get this same call at least once a week"

How hard would it be for Mastercam to include an option so show rapids as doglegs? Maybe sombody clever could make a chook that replaces all non rapids that are not 0,45,90,180 or 270 degrees into two moves. Sort of a "forced" dogleg if you will. How is that for backwards thinking? headscratch.gif