Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR2 becoming corrupted???

Thee Dragracer1951

For the second time in a couple of weeks, MR2 on my office programming station has become corrupted and will not start. I can't send the issue to QC because that computer has no email. it has access to the web, but no email.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm going to send an email to QC to see what they have to say.

This happened a couple of weeks ago and the only cure was a complete reinstall

Yes it is config files, i found i had to uninstall mr2 becouse it was to unstable especialy using duel screens and multiple apps.

---------------------------

Mastercam X Mill Level 3

Mastercam X Lathe Level 1

Mastercam X Solids

Mastercam X FiveAxis

Jim,

If you have web access on that computer, you can send email. Just go to Hotmail and sign up for a Hotmail email account. Then you can use the hotmail web page to send and recieve email.

The other thing that seems to affect MR2 is migrating your config files. I recommend you dump all your config, MTB, and KMP files and recreate them in from scratch in MR2.

HTH,

quote:

I recommend you dump all your config, MTB, and KMP files and recreate them in from scratch in MR2

Colin,

where are these and how many of them are there because I had my IT guy delete my migrated config file to start "fresh" but when I went back into mr2 it still obviously had parts of my old configuration. So there must be more than one.??? And I have no idea where the mtb and kmp files are.

thanks

I had this problem before but not now; even after re-installation I got a error saying "invalid exe".

this may be due to the registry files in the system.

search for REGISTRY CLEAN EXPERT software & uninstal MC.it uninstalls completely & deletes the registry entries.

Sharles

Go to where Mc is installed:

C:/mcamx/config, there right in there.

mastercam.kmp

mastercam.mtb

mcamx.config

move the to desk top, open mastercam and it will

create new ones from desktop.

Keep in mind your custom settings will be gone

and you will just have to set it all up again.

If this solves your problem

then you just delete the old ones

HTH

Rick

I found remove the config file only, let MC create a new on, and keep the .kmp, ,mtb file.

and working on new files started on mr2 seen to stable for now ( 4 days no crash and counting).

Copying files down from machine group to machine group, I can get it crash every time. Yes I did send it to MC and followed up with a phone call.