Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X-mas bonus!

cobra95kev

Hey guys I just got informed yesterday that we will soon be back on Maintenance and upgraded to the latest and greatest CNC Software has to offer. I am quite excited, our reseller offered us some end of the year specials and we are going to take advantage of them.

My question is about my posts going from XMR2 to X2MR2. Is there an update utility I need to run them through or can they be used as is? Most all of my posts are based on the MPmaster. Except for the Haas generic 4 axis mill post.

cheers.gif

Thanks,

quote:

We smoke a turkey outside for the last 3 years

other then that are party s*cks.The girls are ugly and the boss is a horses a**.The bonus is a joke.I don't why im still hear.

Wow you are living in the lap of luxury....

potter.jpg

I think last year I got a $5 Ham loaf.....I gave it to one of the guys I was so pissed...

only other bonus I get is 16 hrs of holiday pay...better than nuthin i guess...

hi cobra, the only thing you need to do is to copy the machine and control files from your c:/mcamx.../cnc_machines folder to your new installation folder something like c:/mcamx2_mr2/cnc_machines.é

Then open Mastercam and go in settings/run user application and select updatepost.dll. From that point just follow the steps, select what type of post it is, from wich version you're updating and which post you want to update. You will have to do this for all you post.

the first time you will select your machine from the machine type menu it will tell you something like this machine definition was created for an older version would you like to update it, just say yes and everything should be working fine from there.

hth

Wow I really feel for you guys. Where I work at we work really hard. Work 55-60 hours a week. But we are rewarded quarterly with a bonus. At Christmas they throw a big party with food catered in from a very good place. Then we get our Christmas Bonus, 15% of are annual income. It's enough to make you cry. We are looking for a good programmer right now. anyone interested. Dallas, Texas area. Everyone try and have a good holiday.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

My mom works for Oxydental Petroleum. We ALL know oil companies are seeing all-time record profits... my mom got an IPod NANO and a Christmas Party (with 1 guest). rolleyes.gif No photographer because "things are tight... we're downsizing" rolleyes.gif I swear, there's some real B@$+@RD$ running companies and they should be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully they'll get theirs. The curse.gif CEO gets a 24-7 Chauffeur, a salary that is just ridiculous and a bonus that would sink a battleship.

My company by contrast... flew my wife, my 3 kids and myself (along with ALL OTHER EMPLOYEES AND THIER FAMILIES) up to our home office (at their expense) for a Company Party, paid for a car rental, and 2 adjoining rooms for us to stay a night in, gave ALL the kids (probably 50-60 in all maybe more) Christmas presents. I get my review today as soon as my boss lands and he gets in my car for a road-trip to a customer. If my last bonus was any indication of what is to come, my boss is going to very generous and appreciative for what I do for our customers and for our comapny... VERY generous!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Fortunately I CANNOT relate to those kinds of shops anymore. You know, there ARE companies that treat their employees right out there. You just gotta find them.

I feel appreciated. Boss scheduled me for something in February... biggrin.gif must mean I still have a job until then... biggrin.gif