Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Job Opening

chris m

Good morning,

I have a position open here at our Peabody, Massachusetts facility as follows. Please email me directly with questions or interest. Thanks.

Manufacturing Engineering Technician: CNC Machining

REPORTS TO: Senior Manufacturing Engineer

FUNCTIONAL AREA: Manufacturing

CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES

• Creates, edits, and maintains machine shop tooling sheets, setup sheets, and CNC programs based on provided manufacturing sketches and routing instructions.

• Programs and assists in the set up of CNC machines, resolves start-up problems, and optimizes feeds and speeds to achieve minimum run time consistent with acceptable quality and adequate tool life.

• Performs shop-floor troubleshooting activities to diagnose and correct machinery and process problems identified by machine shop personnel and manufacturing engineering staff.

• Works hands-on with a wide variety of machine tools: engine lathes, milling machines, grinders, CNC lathes, CNC machining centers, etc.

• Works with manufacturing engineers, quality control personnel, foremen, and machine operators to maximize shop-floor productivity.

• Participates in root-cause analysis and corrective action of quality discrepancies.

• Assists in training of machine operators on company procedures and task-specific requirements.

• Performs any other appropriate duties as assigned.

ACCOUNTABILITIES/ SCOPE

Interfaces: Manufacturing, Quality, and Production

People Managed: 0

Impact of Error: Errors in programs and/or dimensions may cause total or partial loss of parts in process, require added cost to salvage parts, cause damage to machinery, and affect delivery of product. Such errors may cause serious harm to internal operations of the company and adversely affect relationships with customers as a result of missed deliveries.

KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS

• Mastercam and AutoCAD proficiency required. Solidworks skills a plus.

• Experience and familiarity with drawing / design / dimensioning standards.

• Good verbal and written communication skills.

• Ability to work creatively with limited supervision.

• General computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.

EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE

This position requires an AS in an engineering discipline, vocational training in CNC machining, or a minimum of three years of practical experience in CNC programming and precision machining. Working knowledge of Okuma machine tools a plus.

This will be an added position. Been agitating for this for awhile and I'm finally getting somewhere with the management. We've brought in a bunch of new equipment and some completely new processes over the last 12 months and I don't have the resources to support it all.

quote:

If this was a year from now i would be interested in this one!

Im waitin on my youngest to finish High School and me and the mrs. are

movin somewhere. Dont know where yet just out of Cali.

Sarahs a freshmen, so in 4-5 yrs im outta here.

Figured we'd try it for a year or 2, worse case senario

we dont like it and move back home.

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

Im waitin on my youngest to finish High School and me and the mrs. are

movin somewhere. Dont know where yet just out of Cali.

lol, me and my mrs. are just waiting for the last one to get out of school and we are moving back to cali...

moved to mich. around wifes family to raise the kids, now we will go back around my family to enjoy the rest of our years.

ya, i know all about the cost of living, etc. i lived there all my life. we aren't buying a house, will either rent or buy a mobil home, etc.