Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What if I loose SIM key?

TK-32™

What would happen if I take the SIM key home and I loose it? I'm designig parts for a VW club I'm in and it would help if took MC home. I know that if I ask my boss for it he will say yes but he will also ask me what would happen if a loose it. Do you guy's know? What ramifications could I face?

If you loose your SIM, you have to pay a replacement fee (around $250 if I remember correctly), and go through the hassel of getting it replaced. If it is Stolen, you have to file a police report. Just remember to treat your SIM like a $15,000 dollar bill, and it shouldn't be an issue.

Bottom line: you can get a new SIM, but it isn't fun.

quote:

If you loose your SIM, you have to pay a replacement fee

A place I used to work lost an old V7 SIM

It was on a old computer out on the floor.

We had the SIM on it so Cimco DNC would run.

Our IT guy recycled a bunch on old computers

and the SIM got lost..

Our dealer required proof of an insurance claim

before they would replace it.

quote:

but if you own something and you lose it or damage it....should you not be entitled to back it up?

you DON'T OWN it,

you purchase the right to use it

read the EULA agreement

Darren,

Simplifying the language in the EULA's is all well and good, but don't forget that the companies who DO actually 'own' the software also have the right to protect themselves against being ripped off. It's a delicate balance between their rights and the end user's rights to be sure, but since the software companies and their legal counsellors write the EULA's, it is a balance that often tilts toward their favor.

Like with anything else, let the buyer beware! biggrin.gif

Any software company that wouldn't let me read the EULA before buying their product would not have my business!

bs.gif

cheers.gifbiggrin.gif