Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM Job Opening, New Jersey

elaganis

If anyone can help me fill this position listed below it would much appreciated! THX -Ed

Tri-Power Design, LLC. A division of Tri-Power Consulting Services has the following job opening:

Fast-paced Engineering and Design firm is seeking a talented, driven individual to join its Manufacturing & Prototyping team. Tri-Power's projects and client base span all types of industries including Automation, Medical, Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Products, and many others. Tri-Power Design, along with its talented staff, has a solid well earned reputation for its uncompromised quality and innovative solutions using the latest technology, industry tools, and software.

This opportunity requires professionalism and serious hands-on shop skills. We are NOT A PRODUCTION SHOP but we do work in materials such as Aluminum, Stainless, Steels, Composites, etc. The right candidate must be able to use our CAD/CAM systems as well as various manual and CNC shop equipment to create prototype parts & assemblies.

Applicants MUST have experience and/or proficiency in most of the following:

• MasterCAM 3-axis surface milling

• Excellent communication skills

• Challenging manufacturing scenarios and advanced problem solving ability

• Knowledge and use of GD&T

• CNC Operation, Setup and Maintenance

• Haas Control

• Milling

• Turning

• Manual machines

• Welding skills and other CAD experience a plus*

Lastly, candidates must have standard computer skills such as email, word, etc. This is a full time position with competitive benefits and salary.

Located in Parsippany, NJ. Please send resumes to: [email protected]

See Dragracer1951's post on hiring questions. For a good programmer these days, $30/hr is the minimum for anyone decent. Unless you are cutting 2D patterns out of flat sheet.

I do contract training services on the side and I'm turning away work constantly. I charge a lot more than $30 an hour, and I'm worth every penny.

JM2¢,

dang tommy wanna share some of that gravy, lol.

hope i didnt put a damper on this guys search, just wanted to ad some food for thought as i hear it is pretty expensive livin in NJ.

bummer for employers but fact is if your good at what you do and it aint makin ends meet your likely to apply your skills to what does make ends meet.

sure would like to encourage US manufacturing to realise this.

Doug

Not to pull your chain to much but that isn't top dolloar here in Indiana and our living cost is much lower. I know of a shop that only pays programmers like $15 an hour and the owner can't figure out why he has to put a new spindel in every year and farms out more work to us than they do in house.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Contract work here in SoCal ranges from $50/hr on the extreme low to about $120/hr on the extreme high. From what I've seen lately though, the general range is $65-$80/hr.

Guys,

This is not a contract position! Yes we do pay over $50/hr for contract programmers here in NJ (actually typical is $75-95$/hr. depending on complexity) I know because I’ve done it. However, I understand what that encompasses-which is non-steady work, no benefits, driving all over the tri-state area in traffic, and worst off customers who won’t pay invoices for 60 days. Thanks but No Thanks.

From what job recruiters have told us it’s a fair rate. Additionally, this is not a dirty production shop with piles of works, outdated equipment, and angry bosses. We also, have good benefits (vacations, personal days, sick days, 401K, etc.). I know many shops in the local area that don’t even come close to this. Would we be willing to pay more than $30/hr? The answer is yes but that individual has to bring some value-add to the facility. Most of us here are highly skilled CAD/CAM/CNC users so we’d expect to learn off of them and not the other way around if they command the higher salary.

-EJ