Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

crash

Ployd

We keep getting a crash on a particular file. We have four large molds and they are very similar, although they each have their own file. The first two blend toolpaths went great. They took 30-40 minutes to generate.

Now for some reason we keep crashing on the third file. I'm not sure why we keep crashing and get this error.

Anyway has anyone seen this error before?

crash.jpg

Hey Crazy, thanks for your help. You are always quick to respond when someone has a problem and I appreciate it. And it does SUCK!

Any how it seems like it is getting hung up at Surface 80(/94): preparing edges...100%

Usually when this happens I get the oppotunity to change the color of the offensive surface, but not when it crashes. Is there anyway to figure out what surface is messing me up????

Thanks

Didn't work...I checked our temp file and we have 5.2 Gb in there. I saw this in another thread about unhandled exceptions. I tried to delete the file but the computer said it was too big for the trash can WTF! I hate to delete the file if there is important stuff in there.

I will try analyzing the surfaces.

Check out my Task Manager when I try and regen the file. Is this typical during regen? I ran the benchmark a while ago and we were about average as far as speed goes. The only application running is Mastercam and the Task Manager. You can see right when I hit regen. I see the CPU is maxed out but I'm not sure about the other numbers.

We have a Dell, Pentium 4 CPU 3.6GHz, 3 GHz of ram

cpu.jpg

Look in System Config/Toolpaths

and see what options you are using for regen

files.

If you are saving big regen files, tryt cleaning out the regen folder ( defined in Ssytem Config/Files).. you may have a corrupt regen

file that is causing the crash.

You could also try bumping the physical memeory setting on the toolpath page..

Make sure you resart Mastercam if to change this setting

Rickster, I tried that because it has worked for me also.

I finally got it to go but it was 198 megs! Like I said we have four of these and the first two had blend toolpaths of about 5 megs. I tried to post it but it froze up on me. I think it is a surface messing it up, but after analyzing the surfaces nothing showed up. I changed some normals so they were all facing the same way. I'm trying it again. If not I will have to use a surface parallel to get it done.

to be contd....

I got it to regen, but the toolpath was no good.

There were a couple of surfaces thatwere omitted from the tool path. The resulting file was huge.

I brought all the surfaces into SW2009

and tried to heal them. SW blew a hole in the wall

in the same area that Mastercam failed to cut.

gcode, where were the problem surfaces? Was it the small surfaces below the top flange (on one side)? I noticed a couple small surfaces that looked suspect.

So it wasn't the red flange area that was added for toolpathing. Seems like it kept going to 72 of 74 surfaces. If I can isolate the problem surfaces than I can fix it. But no surfaces were bad when I analyzed them.

It isn't a big deal because I'm working around the problem with a different toolpath that works fine. But I prefer the results of the blend toolpath if it worked. Why does finish parallel work and blend doesn't?

Anyway I really appreciate you looking at the file for me. Have a good day!

Bill