Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TRANSFORM IN X3

shazam/TPP

i have xp sp2 and x3 mill level 3. i have a simple 2d geometry milling an external profile that i want to mirror on th y axis. i open transform, select mirror, the ops to be mirrored, select "create new ops and geometry" , method is coordinate, group nci by operation type, then flip to mirror page, select y axis, mirror view TOP, and then OK. what happens then is it copys geometry over several times mirrored and not, also creating a toolpaths that are internal and a mirrored external path. i tried the same part in x2 and it worked fine. i'm assuming this is a bug.

I thought I was just not remembering how I did it in X2 because I don't transform often. I had the same thing happen except my issue was with transforming rectangular and creating new geometry and toolpath instead of mirroring. It duplicated the original geometry and path as well as create the new one.

"I use mirror all the time to get a left and a right part."

I tried using Transform Mirror on a part yesterday and had nothing but problems. First time I've used it. I ended up doing an X-Form Mirror on the geometry and then re-chaining everything. I'd like to know what I did wrong.