Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Calling all Mill/Turn Folks.

crazy^millman

I am trying to get a company to develop verification for Mill/Turns. They have not done it yet and looking into maybe doing it if there is enough interest. They would be working with myself and our company to develop this product. It will have Machine verification as well as NC code verification. The price is about a 1/4 of what is available to do this now. They are asking me if I know of any people that might be interested in having the capability. I am trying to get a list together of companies that might like to use this software. If your company is interested and you do not mind sending me your information I would appreciate it so I can help them move this forward.

Thanks for anyone that is willing to send me their information.

Yes Colin, Vericut's Almost $60K for full machine sim, Probing, and NC verification is a killer for smaller shops. This company is talking 1/5 to 1/6 the price of that and I think there is market for it with that kind of price range. Like anything thing there there has to be customers willing to spend that money to warrant it's development.

That's a lot of $$$$. Our Vericut license cost nowhere near that much, but then again just like any other software we have the "grandfathered" prices... If your company uses NX then you have an option of getting a machine kit which includes a 3d machine tool model as well as the post and it "only" costs about 10K for the integrex.

I'm very interested to see where this goes... I really like the power in Vericut, but I think CGTech's decision to build the application in Java was a serious limitation. If the company you are working with will design it to run as a native windows application that would be a huge asset. One thing I'm curious about is the level of customization and user control that will be available.

In Vericut you can build any type of machine with thousands of axes, and you have total control over all aspects of the simulation. Will this new software be configurable by the user or will you have to pay this new company to develop a machine and control definition for you? What about modifications or adding a new feature? Will you have to contact and pay these guys to add stuff, or will we as users have control over that?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Did anyone else see the CamPlete Demo at IMTS??? They are coming out with a mill/turn solution that will put everything I have seen to shame. MTD's should be drooling over this...

Since y'all brought it up... I certainly did. The folks at CAMplete are a great group and have an outstanding product. It compliment's Mastercam's capabilities in a lot of respects. That Mill-Turn stuff is phenominal, WAY better than anything out there I've ever seen. Vericut included.

Still working things out with the company. They are already in the market and support machines now. I used their product before and now trying to build interest for the support of mill/turn so it will move in a more forward direction. I would mention the company, but we have not discussed that yet. I do not think they realize I have a big group to discuss this with. I will see what I can talks about and see if I can get questions answered.

Thanks for the comments and this gives me a start.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Ok so again I am looking at something someone can afford to simulate their code on these machine. The flying by the seat on your pants gets old. I got a part going in our e series Integrex that has about 70 operations and not one turning tool is touching it. We did a 115 operation part last month that had 5 turning operation with over 70+ 5 axis milling operations. So I would like to have the ability to verify NC code and watch it run and not feel like I am breaking the bank to do it.