Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can someone try something in Contour for me??

crazy^millman

Make a line. Then do a contour toolpath using computer comp. On your lead it and lead outs put a number. Then on your radius swing put 1 degree and back plot. Save the back plot to a level and then change to 2 deg and then back plot and compare and tell me if you see the toolpath starting on the line not using the lead in and out for 1 deg and then using it for anything other than 1 deg. I just about scrapped some parts today if I had not taken the time to verify if was leading in and out like I wanted.

Thanks.

Ok here is how to repeat this with any tool. Make the angle 1 deg. Then make the radius length less than half the tool. No matter what tool you use you will see it happen with 1 deg. Now change it to 2 deg and it will do just fine. It does not matter if you use wear, control, or computer it will do it everytime again no matter the cutter.

So use 1/2 endmill. Use any line. Then use any length for the lead in and out for line. Then on the radius make the length less that 1/2 the cutter. Then use 1 deg and look at the backplot. Then use 2 deg and look at the backplot and see if there is a difference. Again I can do this with any size cutter on 5 different computers.

Standard Tolerances that load with Mastercam.

I put a file on the FTP called LEAD_1DEG_PROBLEM.MCX in the MX2 folder. Same toolpath just the 1st one has one deg and the 2nd operation has 2 deg and you can see what I am talking about. I made the 2nd operation at -1. so you could see it in ISO. You can change it to 0 like the 1st operation and it will do the same thing.

Thanks for the sanity check.