Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I like Iskar

mikhael gutman

Hi!

Has anyone tryed Iskar inserting tools?!

Very good choise. I machine pocket in block from Mold Base steel by cutter 2 inch dia, rpm 1500 feed 70 inch per min(0.011 Fz) deep of cut 0.15-0.25 inch.

No coolant, machine Okuma 15 HP.

Now i got another cutter, even better (x10 more productive).

Realy nice stuff making this guys.

Our comapany is about 5 kilometers from Iscar,and that is why i'm (almost) the first to see the newest stuff.

I just tried a new solid end-mill (dia. 16.0mm) in cutting windows in aluminum plate (cutting depth 20mm)at 6000 rpm and 3000mm per minute.

It looks great,it's like cutting a depth of 20mm in rapid.

TheePres, my Sandvik guy came by the other day with a new inserted endmill that they're pushing for aluminum only; if you guys deal with them at all you may want to have the Sandvik guy come in with one on a demo. Very agressive insert profile, nice looking tool; they say their new inserts drop power consumption dramatically (allowing more feed, if you have the horses). I didn't have a job to try it on, personally, but its probably worth a look.

C

Iscar Tools are awesome !!!

We use 2" 2 flt with 1" RDC x .2" ADC

on 6061-T6. I have run this cutter from

600 IPM up to 1200 IPM on a 50HP Mazak FH-8800.

And we get 300 minutes per edge.

That's 120-225 CIM (Metal Removal Rate)

The 5" up to 600 IPM also.

Fun,Fun,Fun sounds like bullets hitting the sheetmetal.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been missing in action for a few weeks but I gotta throw in my .02$,I have a 4 insert 2 inch

Iscar I am testing,In the straight open face milling O.K. it may be a fair sandvik competitor,Throw in

complex 3D surfaces PX-5,P-20 or 4140 and its a loser.Ramping, plungeing,and 3 axis contouring

I cant find anything that beats a 2" coromill,granted my depth of cut is only.050 to .075,but at 1860 rpms,and 118 ipms in surfaces makes me very happy.thats with a 4040 grade insert.I use coolant.As far as machining aluminum Ive worked with some 6061,but I cant judge the cutters for it,I believe iscar is geared A little more toward production,and automotive than die/mold.I know you couldnt give me a Iscar inserted ball mill,Once again sandvik shines brilliantly,semi finish in tool steel,1" ball 4300rpms,easily160 to 180ipms at .035-.060 doc.

Indeed...Coromill 200's rock...great all round cutters. I've lost count of the number of times I've used them to rough bore by helically ramping them.

Mind you, I used to be a Sandvik Coromant rep, so I'm bound to be biased smile.gif