Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I'm BACK!!!!!

Camdude®

Ya, the tech Db is a good idea but way to cumbersome for quick pathing,plus the fact that i had to create sketches to get the toolpath to behave the way i wanted it to instead of just picking solid edges( especially chamfering). the Auto feature recognition would bomb out on me if the edges where filleted and i ask you what solid model doesn't have filleted edges.

Anyway it's good to be home again.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this and n0 one has mentioned the "circle" yet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no one's mentioned the crazy uncle we keep in the attic either
rolleyes.gif
That's because he's escaped and is out amongst the peeps.

quote:

plus the fact that i had to create sketches to get the toolpath to behave the way i wanted it to instead of just picking solid edges( especially chamfering).

Yup, big waste to time. One of the things that most CAM users don't seem to realize is that when you have very powerful CAD and CAM together in one package it's possible to eliminate the need for chaining in many cases and this can really save a ton of time! It's my opinion that in order to have great CAM you have to have powerful fully integrated CAD. Lots of good suggestions on Selection and Chaining improvements needed in Mastercam have been posted in the Mastercam Enhancements Forum. Check em out if you haven't already and maybe add your thoughts.