Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 MU1 IS A JOKE

alanu23

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if we (the forum as a whole) "Beta Tested" for Cnc Software, they would have some "Rock Solid Beta Testers" to find the bugs before a major release brings any more bad feelings.

You have to also consider how Vista made things harder for the software engineers at Cnc Software.

Bill Gates and company are not without blame.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Maybe if we (the forum as a whole) "Beta Tested" for Cnc Software, they would have some "Rock Solid Beta Testers" to find the bugs before a major release brings any more bad feelings.

You'd be surprised a the number of Beta testers in here. Some features don't get a lot of play. We all do different things with the software so tyou can;t blame Beta Testers because they dpn't use the spftware the way you do. I've run into some HACKS over the years, that have nothing but problems. Problems that would be EASILY solved with some training - training that's never going to happen because they "don't have the time", or they are too proud to sit in a Basic Class and go back to square one (which If I get some time this year, I am going to do because there's some things I'm missing out on I'm sure). I'm not saying any of you talking here are hacks but you can hopefully see what I'm getting at. We all use MC differently.

JM2C

quote:

I spent a little time on this this morning and

couldn't find a problem.. I was hoping MU1 had fixed the issue.

Gcode the problem is with the posted code

G21

(TOOL - 110 OFFSET - 0)

(14.3 DRILL)

( C-AXIS CROSS DRILL )

G0 T11000

G19

M23

G0 G54 X400. Z-527.836

C8.041

G97 S2500 M51

G81 X242.307 R280. F300.

X234.387 Z-506.26 C16.351 R19998.

X231.564 Z-531.8 C22.031

X220.211 Z-508.678 C30.797

X227.428 Z-484.684 C24.276

X216.123 Z-463.108 C32.202

X204.153 Z-485.556 C39.29

X200.689 Z-441.532 C40.128

X183.616 Z-462.435 C47.784

X181.421 Z-419.957 C48.054

X159.052 Z-439.313 C56.278

Notice the rather dodgy R value which sends the turret into the factory next door and the always changing X drill depths which eventually become negatives

Greg..

In the isssue I had with X3, we were drilling

and tapping 84 10-32 holes in the ID of a large part on a VTL using a right angle head..

X2 posted good code.. X3's output was complete

scrabble..not even in the right galaxy..

It wasn't my file..it was a very busy day,

I couldn't find the problem so the lathe programmer posted with X2 and moved on..

I never got back to it.. and the lathe guy still won't use X3..

Yesterday I pulled that file out of archives

with the intention of working up a bug report..

but the X2 and X3MU1 output identical code..

I would be curious to hear what things are considered "HACKS" when using software.

When I used Cimatron, I came up with allot of ways to use their software that made my life easier. Ways that even the tech support at Cimatron werent aware of. Nobody considered them "Hacks". They were just different possibilities for using their software. Are they only considered "Hacks" when they dont work? When you are using a function that has been programmed in to the software I dont understand how it could be a hack at all. And when someone uses the software different than the trainers, does that mean that they are using it wrong? None of this is quite clear to me.

I can understand using functions as they were not intended and having them not work as you intended and mistaking that for a bug. Ive seen it in here and have done it myself a time or two. But when the software fails or when you are using functions that are supposed to work "or even when you are using them improperly", and the software crashes because if it then there is a problem. Maybe there should be more "you are using our software wrong" popups. smile.gif . I am a little bitter about this subject because ive talked to a few people about the crashing problems and the bugs that I have encountered and it always comes back to the same thing. "I dont have these problems so you must not be using the software properly". I sometimes wonder if they just dont use the same functions that I use and/or as often.

I took the introduction classes and sat with a board member in here for a few hours but still encounter a crap load of problems.

quote:

Some features don't get a lot of play. We all do different things with the software so you cant blame Beta Testers because they don't use the software the way you do. I've run into some HACKS over the years, that have nothing but problems. Problems that would be EASILY solved with some training - training that's never going to happen because they "don't have the time", or they are too proud to sit in a Basic Class and go back to square one (which If I get some time this year, I am going to do because there's some things I'm missing out on I'm sure). I'm not saying any of you talking here are hacks but you can hopefully see what I'm getting at. We all use MC differently.