Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-Axis Programmer Job Opportunity

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don;t want to be going out on service calls because some nimrod crashed the machine because he didn't follow instructions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Isn't that job security?

Not the kind of job security I want, besides, eventually an idiot like that is going to get me fired so it's probably Anti-Job Security in actuality.

quote:

James, are those times correct? post at 1am, 3am, 5am, 11am, don't you ever sleep?

I usually get to sleep at around midnight but I neeeded to get some timgs squared away for a turn-key I'm working on and I had to take my son to Baseball practice last night which ate like 3 hours out of my night which is shy I was up at 3:00am this morning.

quote:

quote:

I think his name is "jb"?

fissed

Oh no you didunt...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

One time it took 3 hours for me to get home when I left at 5. Of course there were like 5 sig alerts that day. That was rough. It is anywhere from 147 to 63 miles round trip for me depengin on which way I go.

Shop is Climate Controlled also. BIG plus in the summer.

My last CA house was in Hesperia. Worked in Arcadia, just down the road from the track. Took 5 hrs once when the Cajon pass was fogged in.

Drove most of the way wif my head out the window looking down at the reflector bumps. eek.gif

That didn't last long.... banghead.gif

Here, I can drive 60 miles any direction at limit.

I was looking through the posts that CNC_apps_guy had, I figured that the two positions were unrelated. Sounds like a killer setup, you say 700k machines, are these some of your matsuuras? LOL at Hardmill, It just makes a fella a little nervous to hear "top dogs only need apply" but maybe not intimidating, just intriguing, interesting, awesome are better words.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes Matsuura MAM72-35V PC32 (PC= Pallet Changer, 32 is the number of pallets the machien has).

Planned and tooled right, these machines can do some SERIOUS unmanned machining time.

Top Dog equal.

How much stress and blame and horse crap you want to put up with. when the guys on 2nd shift put the wrong tool in or they run a broken tool. The top Dog always gets the blame. Been there done that. I'll stay in Engineering, Prototyping

etc... Trust me an extra 20k a year ain't worth the heartache. Some guys need a shot in the morning just to keep the nerves calm.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

I suspect that if this top dog needs a manned second shift to keep the machine running, then he isn't such a top dog after all.

:smack:

That'll leave a mark. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Gotta agree there. If you can't get some 6 hour + cycle time pallets to run unattended for TWO shifts, you DEFINITELY are not a top dog and should go lay down on the porch. The only headache should be programming parts that if you're REALLY good you'll only program 12 parts a year. Yeah these part are that challenging.