Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

My job offer

Reverend Turk

quote:

Turk, the reseller in your area, i believe, is FasTech out of Findley. contact Todd Tracey and Alex Cole from there, they are great and will help you with any problems. they also belong to this forum. wave to fastech

I have done that already. I contacted Todd. I am hoping they can find me something as I keep looking

I'm self taught on Mastercam also bro. You pick things up a lot quicker if you just play with it. Unfortunately for you I don't think you will get too much play time but don't panic. You still have us to help. I started just programming basic 3-Axis parts and slowly worked my way up. A couple months later I'm programming complexed 5-Axis parts and didn't realize how quick of a jump I had made until I stopped programming for a couple months.

Don't stress it and keep playing with MC.

Good luck.

Turk,

Ron has it on the mark.

I used to be a college teacher in mechanical engineering, self taught in all CAD/CAM/CNC stuff. After a few years, the challenge of learning new stuff was fading so I decided to start my own business.

No steady pay, no insurance, vacations, medical leave, office, equipment, co-workers ... nothing but a leap of faith in my ability to make it work.

Became a Mastercam reseller for about 8 years where I learned a lot of CAD/CAM/CNC stuff, but also in HR, finance, managing people, negotiating with customers and so on.

If you're job security lies in your own abilities, I beleive you're on the right track.

If you depend on others for a living - it can fall short on very little notice.

BTW, never had a 5 axis machine to "play" with on a day to day basis but I've trained many, done posts for many, banged my head on the wall a few times, but all in all, always managed to figure things out.

Have luck with your search ...